Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
diesel mileage

diesel mileage
just seeing what mileage other diesel owners have covered. my 64 plate 2.0 cdti is on 74,000 only issue was a broken clutch spring at 50,000. due a cambelt and water pump anytime soon.
My 62 plate is just under 41,000 issues have been DPF senors failing (sure there was a faulty batch) SVS valve failing & a new turbo due to sticking waste-gate
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
my current tourer is a 1.7cdti with 130,000 miles still going well, had a belt etc at 100,000
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Just ticked over 100k this week on my 11 plate 2.0 CDTI. Had cam belt and water pump changed a couple of months ago. Was told the water pump had just started to leak! Not really had any major issues, just water and tear. Although I dunno how common it is for rear springs to snap? Failed last mot on that, only snapped on the bottom coil so never noticed/felt any difference though.
Rear springs are very common I changed to lesjofors when one snapped thankfully saw it before the M.O.T so no fail.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(26:th-Jun-2020, 17:57:53)Jetcolour Wrote: Just ticked over 100k this week on my 11 plate 2.0 CDTI. Had cam belt and water pump changed a couple of months ago. Was told the water pump had just started to leak! Not really had any major issues, just water and tear. Although I dunno how common it is for rear springs to snap? Failed last mot on that, only snapped on the bottom coil so never noticed/felt any difference though.

actually i did need an o/s/r spring and n/s/f suspension arm for the last mot.
(24:th-Jun-2020, 18:26:05)badger64 Wrote: just seeing what mileage other diesel owners have covered. my 64 plate 2.0 cdti is on 74,000 only issue was a broken clutch spring at 50,000. due a cambelt and water pump anytime soon.

I think you'll find the cambelt is recommended to be changed at 60,000 miles / 6 years. Yours is overdue.

Waterpump is separately driven, but when my belt was changed at 54,000 miles, they discovered the waterpump was leaking and changed it anyway.
Rear springs seam quite common on cars nowadays then. My old car was a E46 320d m sport saloon bmw. It was common on them, had to change them. Also my bro had a coupe one at the same time and had to do his aswell
(26:th-Jun-2020, 18:48:27)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(24:th-Jun-2020, 18:26:05)badger64 Wrote: just seeing what mileage other diesel owners have covered. my 64 plate 2.0 cdti is on 74,000 only issue was a broken clutch spring at 50,000. due a cambelt and water pump anytime soon.

I think you'll find the cambelt is recommended to be changed at 60,000 miles / 6 years. Yours is overdue.

Waterpump is separately driven, but when my belt was changed at 54,000 miles, they discovered the waterpump was leaking and changed it anyway.

pretty sure cambelt is 100k or 6 years?
100K or 6yrs for cambelt which ever comes first.

However Haynes recommends 4yrs 40,000.

I had mine done at 6yrs.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
12 plate, 96,000 on the clock.

It had the Dual mass replaced about 50k, shocks at 50k and a few other things under warranty by previous owner. Can't say exactly anything anymore, the dog at the records. Seriously. Pretty such cam belt & water pump got done too, but can't remember what was on it.

Going to get the cam & water pump done anyway, to be on the safe side of things.

Personally, had to replace the rear coils (one each side over two years), had to do the offside drive shaft & CV's earlier this year (going to do the nearside too, might as well that was a PITA at Christmas time!)

I'm also needing to repair some bin damage to the side & respray. Considering doing something other than the silver, will see what is cheap!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
My 2013 2.0 CDTi will go over 100.000 miles today. Failures have been Exhaust Temp sensor at about 70,000 miles and 2 glow plugs about a year ago. Needed a new battery abouta year ago as well. Got timing belt, aux belt and water pump done 6 months ago.
(27:th-Jun-2020, 09:01:40)badger64 Wrote:

Garage told me that is no longer the case. 60k or 6 yrs.
If my cam belt was done at an approved dealer & put on the FSH, would vauxhall have a record?

Would be good to know if I'm doing this a little early or not, currently have a lot of money leaving my bank account.

I have a 2011 with 73k on it. Did my cambelt and waterpump at 65k.

Originally thought it was 100k or 10 years for the belt, as thats what it is on the Insignia, but apparently the Astra with the same engine was revised to 60k or 6 years.
(28:th-Jun-2020, 20:25:30)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(27:th-Jun-2020, 09:01:40)badger64 Wrote:

Garage told me that is no longer the case. 60k or 6 yrs.

if thats the case mine is definately overdue. it is booked in for the 1st week of august for cambelt and pump, main stealer quoted £579 for belt and £158 for water pump.
as i am running 215 bhp changing them has become a priority.
(28:th-Jun-2020, 21:19:20)umognog Wrote: If my cam belt was done at an approved dealer & put on the FSH, would vauxhall have a record?

Would be good to know if I'm doing this a little early or not, currently have a lot of money leaving my bank account.

Yes they would.

I had to ring main dealer on the Mrs last mokka as there was conflicting info as to if it had been done or not Even that wasn't simple and confused things even more as they had a totally different mileage down for when the cam belt was done.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Spot on Rusty, will give them a ring.

The timing belt is 6yrs or 100K whichever comes first. I think people are confusing 6yrs with 60,000 miles (as they expect most cars to do 10,000 miles per year).

The 2.0 LBY is 6yrs or 80,000 whichever comes first.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Dumbass question: lby?

(29:th-Jun-2020, 11:15:32)Rusty2009 Wrote: The timing belt is 6yrs or 100K whichever comes first. I think people are confusing 6yrs with 60,000 miles (as they expect most cars to do 10,000 miles per year).

The 2.0 LBY is 6yrs or 80,000 whichever comes first.

Pretty immaterial really though as the OP's car is 6 yrs old and the belt change is now due regardless what mileage it's done.

I'm only going on what the VX garage told me last year about the revised mileage recommendation change. Vx-Mad-G has also said the mileage has been revised from 100K to 60K
I forgot to say my 1.7cdti is a 63 plate (2014 registered)
so belt was changed at 4 yrs old (100,000)

my Vaux dealer said it's still 100,000 or 6 yrs (asked them today)
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lubricants, Fluids & Torque wrench settings Diesel Engines Rusty2009 2 13,614 31:st-Aug-2020, 02:21:26
Last Post: M222RJF