Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
unit help head

Head Unit Help
When I purchased my Astra J, it was already fitted with an aftermarket head unit from car vision. This meant that I did not have the 4 line display, which I had purchased separately off Ebay, assuming this would work straight out of the box. I fitted this, along with a Kenwood DMX8019DABS head unit, using the Connects2 cables, etc. The head unit works completely, however nothing is appearing on the 4 line display, assuming the unit works, and the steering controls are not working (for volume, etc), and the change of the heating, etc in the car is not appearing on the head unit. 

I had purchased this all from dynamic sounds, and they have already gone through the troubleshooting of the dipswitches, order of plug-in, etc. They suggest it could be a problem with the control box, which I would need to return, so they can issue a new one. However, I have a slight feeling that this might not fix it either, not sure why though. Any possibility that car vision would have made some changes that would not allow me to easily change the head unit? As in changing and making their own wiring looms...

I have no expertise in this field, if someone could give any advice if they have encountered this before too?

Will be returning the control box on Monday.

Much appreciated for any help given!
Apologies if posted in the wrong forum, and I could not find any threads that were in a similar scenario.
It depends what unit was fitted, some have the 4-line display hidden away behind the glovebox.

In terms of there own looms no car vision only fit the looms that come in the box with the radio.

Can I ask which kit you bought?

Also does the screen light up at all?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(22:nd-May-2020, 07:15:26)Rusty2009 Wrote: It depends what unit was fitted, some have the 4-line display hidden away behind the glovebox.

In terms of there own looms no car vision only fit the looms that come in the box with the radio.

Can I ask which kit you bought?

Also does the screen light up at all?

I purchased the CTHVX01, with a Kenwood patch lead. 

And no, the 4 line display screen did not light up at all. 

Also bear in mind, the steering controls (eg. volume) were working whilst I had the car vision head unit, as well as it showing the heating control changes interface on there too. (This was all on the drive audio head unit, not the 4-line display of course...)
Someone else had a problem with this kit also it is on the forum (I don't know if they resolved it).

I would advise contacting connects2 directly for help.

But if the screen isn't lighting up I would first be looking into why could it be a duff screen, or is there a wiring issue.

For sensors etc to display on the Kenwood unit you need the CTUBU01/CTUCV01/CTUVX01
INFODAPTER
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(23:rd-May-2020, 07:22:24)Rusty2009 Wrote: Someone else had a problem with this kit also it is on the forum (I don't know if they resolved it).

I would advise contacting connects2 directly for help.

But if the screen isn't lighting up I would first be looking into why could it be a duff screen, or is there a wiring issue.

For sensors etc to display on the Kenwood unit you need the CTUBU01/CTUCV01/CTUVX01
INFODAPTER

Alright, thank you. I am waiting for the replacement control box. If this does not work, I will go ahead and contact connects2 directly. 

Could be a problem with the 4 line display too, as I purchased it off ebay. Will probably try another one.

Ahh, that makes sense about why the heating control changes weren't appearing. 

Thanks for your help!
I have now resolved this issue.

There were two male molex style connectors which could go into the 4-line display. After changing this to the other one and re-joining the ground cable on the steering control, I had managed to get the steering controls working with the head unit.

Then after switching dip switch 2 to off, whilst unplugged, as per instructions from Dynamic Sounds, the 4 line display had begun working.

Thanks for your help/advice Rusty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sat nav unit, from insignia? Not fully working? Macauleyh96 10 2,966 18:th-Aug-2020, 14:40:41
Last Post: DNT
  Seicane Android Head Units Apoc 3 3,701 18:th-Mar-2019, 10:24:22
Last Post: daveloz12
  Head Unit question Desperado 3 3,819 13:th-Feb-2018, 13:52:43
Last Post: sheppy1
  New Guy's Head Unit Question Nuko-san 5 4,667 10:th-Apr-2017, 13:14:29
Last Post: marcus01
  Black head lining Rusty2009 24 12,320 23:rd-Aug-2016, 21:36:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  GTC Head and Rear lights question ? DE5IRED 34 49,321 7:th-Aug-2014, 23:41:02
Last Post: tucpal