Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
connector loudspeaker adapter

Loudspeaker connector adapter
Can someone tell me will both of these two connectors work with front speakers for Opel Astra J from 2016. ?

ZRS-AG-2
ZRS-AG-21

In description for ZRS-AG-2 says it's good for all Opel models, and for ZRS-AG-21 says it's good for Opel Astra IV 2012->.

Will ZRS-AG-2 work if connector is like ZRS-AG-21, can it be used instead of ZRS-AG-21?

From the pictures of factory speakers I can see that shape of connector is like ZRS-AG-21, but I don't know if maybe ZRS-AG-2 will work.
You will the ZRS-AG-21 be warned they still need some modding to fit (found that out myself).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(20:th-May-2020, 18:13:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: You will the ZRS-AG-21 be warned they still need some modding to fit (found that out myself).

So ZRS-AG-2 will not work?
(20:th-May-2020, 18:56:34)moxol Wrote:
(20:th-May-2020, 18:13:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: You will the ZRS-AG-21 be warned they still need some modding to fit (found that out myself).

So ZRS-AG-2 will not work?

No totally the wrong connector for doors also wrong for centre dash speaker it may work on tweeters.

Here is the connector for doors 2-Way F GT 150 Series  OEM 19115644

Centre dash speaker  2-Way F 1.5-0.64 Series OEM 19115613 (U65), 19150056 (UQA), 19168545 (UQG)

Tweeter speakers  2-Way F 0.64 Series OEM 19115645 Service 13314093
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks for images, I couldn't find them.

I will try to use them for tweeters.
I plan to buy later rear speakers with tweeters and I will save them.

As for front speakers, I will cut off adapter and crimp spade terminals to car wires to hook them to speakers.
I read on "How to change speakers" that you couldn't solder front door speaker wires. Can you tell me what was the problem, did factory wires oxidized?
Also, is it possible to remove connector from factory speaker and solder new speaker wires onto it so that you can connect it to car connector without cutting it?
That's right the factory wiring had oxidized.

They are female terminals in the connector so hard to solder on to best off really using the adaptors or cutting
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seat Connector Swap sheppy1 22 10,855 7:th-Feb-2015, 20:16:13
Last Post: sheppy1