Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
too fin shark how

shark fin how too
Hi

Just sorting the parts to fit a calearo fm/am dab shark fin and I read that it will need 2 12 v power supplies. Is there a how too on fitting one of these as I don't fancy messing up looking for 2 12v to connect it to. Because to be honest i have never been any good with electrics and i don't want to make a mistake.

thanks 

Wayne
It only has 1 12v power.

Best place to take it from is the purple wire on the back of the 12v socket.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(18:th-May-2020, 09:38:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: It only has 1 12v power.

Best place to take it from is the purple wire on the back of the 12v socket.

Hi Rusty so what you are saying i only need to attach only one of these power cables then? that makes it easier.
On the am/fm cable 7581119 from calearo there is one on there and there is one on the 7677937 shark fin for DAB that's where i got the info from their fact sheet on line. I'am guessing the power cable on the am/fm should be used because the DAB has its own power from the DAB module .
thanks rusty
Yes you get a cable in the box with the shark fin & one attached to the AM/FM cable (which can be pulled off).

Just use one of them personally I'd use the one on the AM/FM cable as it saves you running another cable then you can separate them a-bit at the front end.

Don't forget your need one of these also.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-Aer...SwKQ9aKHww
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(19:th-May-2020, 07:46:56)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes you get a cable in the box with the shark fin & one attached to the AM/FM cable (which can be pulled off).

Just use one of them personally I'd use the one on the AM/FM cable as it saves you running another cable then you can separate them a-bit at the front end.

Don't forget your need one of these also.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-Aer...SwKQ9aKHww

Hi Rusty thanks for the info it is appreciated, have a list of part numbers you gave me in july. The adapter and am/fm cable came last week, just have the shark fin to find one at a reasonable price.
Yes the take some finding.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
shark fin found and fully fitted thanks for you help rusty
Hi. I’m about to fit one of the Calearo fins, FM/AM/DAB to my Astra J. I don’t have factory fitted DAB and I’m actually running this to an Android unit because FM signal has gotten worse from the stock radio and the unpowered windscreen antenna I used for DAB isn’t getting as many channels with decent reception as I should in my area. I’m hoping a powered fin will improve things.

In any case. How best to run the cables, presumably the FM/AM will take the old existing cable from the aerial to the headunit, but I’ll have a new one to run for the DAB and some power. I’m assuming there is some path that doesn’t involve removing the interior roof liner? Thanks!
Hi you will need to drop the rear of the roof liner a bit to access the ariel I sent the cables from the shark fin across towards the driver side rear quater lite and down the roof liner, I found it easier to remove the roof grab handles drivers side and tucked them up into the roof liner as it seamed to make the job easier. I then sent the cable down the drivers side front piller and under the dash. some people may do it another way but that's how I did it, I hope this helps
The following 1 user says Thank You to Qaranc for this post:
  • Thebatfink
Hey thanks. Out of interest why did you install it? Curious if its likely to even have a great impact on my android headunit. Did you install it for something similiar or an oem retrofit, how does it perform?

Oh one more question. I’m assuming you come down the a pillar drivers side windscreen.. to get it tucked behind the dash nicely and into the centre console, where did you go on the dash / what parts did you have to uninstall.

Who read this thread?
8 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (24:th-Nov-2023, 19:17:01), Thebatfink (22:nd-Jul-2023, 10:13:57), jw021979 (16:th-Jul-2023, 22:42:37), marktourino (6:th-Sep-2023, 07:35:16), Qaranc (18:th-Sep-2023, 23:13:55), milozic (24:th-Sep-2023, 13:56:44), bill33 (16:th-Oct-2023, 12:02:29), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 06:59:00)