Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
what you my changed think? wheels

Changed my wheels - what you think?

So, a few weeks, maybe a coupe of months, ago I posted THIS message about a set of wheels I bought.

You guys advised they were off an Astra Bi-Turbo.

I really liked the look of these and they were practically mint. So I fancied a change so decided to upgrade.

My car is an Elite, I never every liked the original wheels anyway, so last year I changed them to the SRI Facelift Turbine style wheels.

But now that these have come across, I really like them. These are also slightly bigger, 18" so fill the arches really nice.

Whats your thoughts?

Pictures are after giving the car a proper clean yesterday.

Thanks.

Looking very nice indeed mate.

Is that a bit of dirt or paint missing off the rear wheel arch where it meets the bumper?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(29:th-Mar-2020, 08:27:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: Looking very nice indeed mate.

Is that a bit of dirt or paint missing off the rear wheel arch where it meets the bumper?

Thanks.

Its a spot of paint chipped off, been meaning to touch it up, just never got round to it.
(30:th-Mar-2020, 09:46:18)Vx-Mad-G Wrote:

Thanks.

Its a spot of paint chipped off, been meaning to touch it up, just never got round to it.

Plenty of time now we are in lock down, my car is in bits all over the garage.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(5:th-Apr-2020, 08:25:04)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(30:th-Mar-2020, 09:46:18)Vx-Mad-G Wrote:

Thanks.

Plenty of time now we are in lock down, my car is in bits all over the garage.

On the back of your comment, I have ordered a touch up. Been looking at that for the last 2 years, annoys me every time I look at it. Now I will put it right :-).
Always something you find niggles at you & it's normally something that is a 5-min fix but just can't find the time to do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(6:th-Apr-2020, 13:03:05)Rusty2009 Wrote: Always something you find niggles at you & it's normally something that is a 5-min fix but just can't find the time to do.

Exactly that mate.

I also need to fix that annoying heated seat thing on the drivers seat, where it just stops working. Also getting a really irritating aqueaky rattle from glove box area.

I guess nows the time..

Any pointers?
Heated seat personally would just put up with it as it'll only go again.

Glove-box there isn't really much in that area to squeak, things to look at would be the side trim on the end and there is flap under the glovebox.

Have you fitted anything behind the box the pollen filter is there that has a flappy lid.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Apr-2020, 07:36:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: Heated seat personally would just put up with it as it'll only go again.

Glove-box there isn't really much in that area to squeak, things to look at would be the side trim on the end and there is flap under the glovebox.

Have you fitted anything behind the box the pollen filter is there that has a flappy lid.

Not changed pollen filter myself, other tha when Vx have probably changed it at a service.

I will empty out the contents and see what gives.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wheels 3_crispies 1 1,289 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:49:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  What are these wheels off? GTC? Vx-Mad-G 3 2,662 7:th-Feb-2020, 09:46:41
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Which wheels and tires Astra J 1.6 CDTi 110hp _Mita 1 2,541 31:st-Jan-2020, 09:38:19
Last Post: _Mita
  TPMS Sensors on wheels but not on car AphoticSketch 2 3,077 7:th-Nov-2018, 17:01:44
Last Post: AphoticSketch
  Biggest wheels ?? Astra VXD 15 9,320 13:th-Sep-2018, 09:47:45
Last Post: GeordieGTC
  Wheels just been done Jayrich872001 10 5,226 19:th-Feb-2018, 18:10:34
  Dry, almost grinding type noise from front wheels / discs area rbull51 2 5,193 12:th-May-2017, 11:17:58
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Non GTC 20 inch wheels AphoticSketch 2 4,305 13:th-Sep-2016, 20:56:52
Last Post: AphoticSketch
  Noise from front wheels/brakes richje100 1 3,423 23:rd-Aug-2016, 21:39:02
  Tyre choices 18" wheels andy2174 6 5,159 15:th-Apr-2016, 17:14:13
Last Post: andy2174