Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
wrong spark plugs

Wrong Spark plugs

Hi all,
I am having exactly the same problem with a 2nd hand Astra as in this thread: https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Any...t=55576026
The supplied spark plugs actually seem to be not suitable for the 1.4T engine at all. Their part number is 55565219 and they are chopper plus and not iridium.

Now, one of the supplied spark plugs broke and damaged the engine and I am having to provide some evidence that my car was supplied with wrong plugs. So far so good. No-one can access the invoice of the previous owner, but the dealership confirmed it was apparently serviced with GM plugs that are fine for the next 60.000miles - mine are not GM stamped, blue writing, they only state Champion RC10MCC R6...
The correct part number is 55576026 as stated in this thread, I did ask the dealerships. This part number was updated recently to 95528733. 

Now I wonder how it can be that approved Vauxhall dealerships insert wrong spark plugs? Around the same time? My service was done also in 2016 in April. (yes, it's 2020...waiting to resolve this for the past 2 years) I wonder if there are more cases like this? Anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be very helpful. 

No warranty anymore, so cannot go with this.

Also the usual problems, slow coolant loss....finally found a crack in thermostat housing, but that's the least of the problems now.

Thanks,
Christin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glow plugs sparkyscfc74 22 12,658 14:th-Feb-2019, 11:16:36
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Plugs glow in A17DTS Saxito@Tech 14 9,490 27:th-Dec-2015, 23:35:53
Last Post: tucpal