Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
amp around inside algae shut lines tree condensation

Tree algae around shut lines & Inside condensation
Just after a bit of advice here please.

We have a white Astra-J, and have noticed the last couple times I have washed it that around the ***** lines I get loads of dirt splutting out, especially when jet washing ot hose piping.

I have also notices some greeny tree algae around the tailgate shuts, especially around the top side.

Whats the quickest and most efficient way to get rid of this without splashing the inside of the car?

In addition, im notiticing the inside of the car getting lots of condensation, and when its icy outside, even surface ice on the inside of the windscreen.

There is nothing wet inside the car, seats are dry, carpets are dry, but it just baffles me.

Can anyone help with both issues please?

Thanks.
(6:th-Jan-2020, 14:26:11)Vx-Mad-G Wrote: Just after a bit of advice here please.

We have a white Astra-J, and have noticed the last couple times I have washed it that around the ***** lines I get loads of dirt splutting out, especially when jet washing ot hose piping.

I have also notices some greeny tree algae around the tailgate shuts, especially around the top side.

Whats the quickest and most efficient way to get rid of this without splashing the inside of the car?

In addition, im notiticing the inside of the car getting lots of condensation, and when its icy outside, even surface ice on the inside of the windscreen.

There is nothing wet inside the car, seats are dry, carpets are dry, but it just baffles me.

Thanks.

(7:th-Jan-2020, 09:34:38)andyp Wrote:
(6:th-Jan-2020, 14:26:11)Vx-Mad-G Wrote: Just after a bit of advice here please.

Thanks.

Hi regarding the tree algae have had a lot of success removing this from cars with soft tops mix 1 part baby bottle cleaning flued with 3 parts water i.e miltons brush on then wipe off inside the shut lines I would wipe over with the mixture on a cloth then remove the same way take care this will remove the colour from your cloths etc ware gloves
Try running the air-con on full blast for a while this will help get the moisture out the car, Also check the doors have had the rubber bungs at the bottom removed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(8:th-Jan-2020, 08:24:01)Rusty2009 Wrote: Try running the air-con on full blast for a while this will help get the moisture out the car, Also check the doors have had the rubber bungs at the bottom removed.

If I remove them permanently is there any issues?
(14:th-Feb-2020, 11:09:48)Vx-Mad-G Wrote:
(8:th-Jan-2020, 08:24:01)Rusty2009 Wrote: Try running the air-con on full blast for a while this will help get the moisture out the car, Also check the doors have had the rubber bungs at the bottom removed.

If I remove them permanently is there any issues?

No issues in removing them removing them will allow the water to came out rather than sitting in the door.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.