Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
windows down half and unlocked car front

Car unlocked and front windows half down.
Hi, just gone out to find car Astra j 1.7 cdti Ecoflex with front windows half way down and doors unlocked.

I've searched this site and two other Vauxhall sites as I'm sure I read a post from someone with the same problem, to no avail. Any one come across this fault before or can direct me to the the relevant post. Thanks.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk
Most cases keys are kept in the pocket.

There was also an issue on early models with front only electric windows where the windows would fully open without the key being touched.

GM disabled the feature by programming the BCM when the cars went in for service or other work.

They have since re-enabled the feature with updated software since around 2013.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks Rusty, this looks like what has happened. Must have been pressing the key fob in my pocket when I was fitting the dogs harness at the front door.

I didn't even know I had the window roll down feature. So thanks for the late Christmas present or early Easter egg.

Cheers Ken.

I've had the same problem with mine,
when at work with keys in my pocket-went out in yard and car open and windows down, happened 3 times.
now I keep keys in my locker!
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I know I'll be looking out the window before I go to bed to check it hasn't happened again. Nice to know you can lock car and roll windows back up using the lock button on key fob as well.

Cheers Ken.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front wiper wojtaas_pl 1 2,910 22:nd-Sep-2017, 07:28:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Washer Motor stopped (front & rear) neilll 3 5,628 6:th-Dec-2016, 14:03:31
Last Post: stigeye
  Deactivate the windows opening from keys bruce_19 4 6,640 6:th-Nov-2016, 19:56:24
Last Post: bruce_19
  Front parking assist sensor SectorOMEGA 19 9,996 9:th-Jul-2016, 07:57:37
  Electric windows wiring Rusty2009 0 9,737 27:th-Oct-2014, 08:52:18

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
shadowfire (27:th-Jun-2023, 22:09:25)