Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dripping water

Water dripping
Hey guys

I’ve just popped the bonnet to replace the broken stuck reverse switch. With thanks to all those who assisted in advising its location.

Anyway as I was doing I noticed a lot of water dripping from the back of the engine bay and got concerned.

It’s not coloured it’s just water colour and has no smell to it.

Is it something to be worried about or nothing.

Picture attached to show the water dripping area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It could be just rain water.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I did think was it water that’s come from the scuttle panel and out from there.

But cos it had the pipes I wondered if it was a leak

I know the coolant bottles are prone to crack at the bottom around the bottom pipe. but you said it's clear water with no smell.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yeah definately clear with no smell

Your photo is showing the drain for the scuttle area. Perfectly normal for water to pee out of there when it's raining. Just make sure to keep it clear and not let it block up. It's a much better design than Vauxhall used to have.

There are also drainage areas at the rear of the front wings. You should see water peeing out by the sills.
Yeah notice the sills drips especially when car driven off.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water leak in boot, spare wheel karl100100 12 8,537 27:th-Jan-2021, 12:49:34
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Water ingress in boot Woodsy 10 15,423 7:th-Mar-2017, 08:32:22
Last Post: Tonsor
  Water Noise Sloshing sheppy1 22 23,425 15:th-Oct-2016, 11:16:57
Last Post: andy2174
  water ingress tucpal 5 8,721 29:th-Feb-2016, 15:29:47
Last Post: irishastraowner
  water loss Migwell030744 3 4,650 19:th-Jan-2015, 09:47:47