Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
again help svs needed

SVS help needed again!!!

Hello all

Bought a 2013 2.0 CDTi back in May. 42k
In July it came up with a SVS message and went into limp mode.
Garage came up with a P2428 error - Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 - High temp. Low Voltage.
Had the sensor replaced and a forced regen done.
Car has been fine since...

Until Sunday night. 
Filled half the tank at Tesco (yes I know, not ideal fuel). 4 miles later SVS light came on and limp mode.
Error didn't clear and car has stayed in limp mode. No EML, no DPF warning, just SVS and limp mode.
Green Flag plugged in Autel AutoLink OBDII this evening and no error code.

Can I keep driving the car until I can get it into the garage?

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Most of these aftermarket code readers don't pull the codes.

I would advise you not really driving the car as you don't know why it's in limp it's in limp mode to protect car.

If it's DPF related and you keep driving it your going to be doing more damage to the DPF as it's just going to keep filling up past the point of being fixable.

You could get yourself an op-com which will allow you to read codes.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(17:th-Dec-2019, 22:38:49)hooper Wrote: Filled half the tank at Tesco (yes I know, not ideal fuel). 

I've been using Tesco supermarket fuel for many years now. Never had a problem.

Granted that's mainly been their petrol, but I've now had my Astra 2.0 CDTi for nearly 5 years, and that's been exclusively run on Tesco diesel. Again no issues other than a failed glow plug early in its life.
(18:th-Dec-2019, 12:03:20)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(17:th-Dec-2019, 22:38:49)hooper Wrote: Filled half the tank at Tesco (yes I know, not ideal fuel). 

Granted that's mainly been their petrol, but I've now had my Astra 2.0 CDTi for nearly 5 years, and that's been exclusively run on Tesco diesel. Again no issues other than a failed glow plug early in its life.

I personally avoid Tesco's purely due to the contamination issues they've had with the diesel, to point it was killing engines.

I always used to run on Sainsburys fuel but since moving to the likes of BP & Shell the car does less regens and the prone senor on the DPF seems to be lasting.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Car went into my local ind. this evening. They managed to pull the code last time.
Hope it's something cheap to fix!

If it happens to be the same fault again - P2428 error, what could be causing the sensor to fail and the dpf not cycling?

Thanks
(19:th-Dec-2019, 01:04:58)hooper Wrote: Car went into my local ind. this evening. They managed to pull the code last time.
Hope it's something cheap to fix!

If it happens to be the same fault again - P2428 error, what could be causing the sensor to fail and the dpf not cycling?

Thanks

I was having the sensor fail around every 6 months by the time I was on the 4th sensor I changed fuel to BP & Shell it's been fine since (touch wood it continues). maybe they had a bad batch of sensors who knows.

If it is the sensor you will need to check the oil level and also smell it, every failed regen will dump diesel into the oil, so you may need an oil and filter change.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(18:th-Dec-2019, 16:59:46)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(18:th-Dec-2019, 12:03:20)Big Dave2 Wrote:

I personally avoid Tesco's purely due to the contamination issues they've had with the diesel, to point it was killing engines.

I always used to run on Sainsburys fuel but since moving to the likes of BP & Shell the car does less regens and the prone senor on the DPF seems to be lasting.

Touch wood, no problems so far in 48,000 miles of motoring using only Tesco diesel. Mine regens at around every 380 to 500 miles. Longest stint was 680 miles.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Engine Needed ? Breengin 19 7,548 14:th-Mar-2019, 08:48:57
Last Post: Rusty2009
  A little knowledge needed please Sri~mike 4 3,285 11:th-Mar-2019, 01:33:41
Last Post: Sri~mike
  coolant tank hose ref needed alexy357 1 2,356 4:th-Mar-2019, 08:43:32
  URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! Michael T18 7 4,205 17:th-Sep-2018, 14:07:50
Last Post: Michael T18
  Alternator part code needed for astra gtc j 2014 cdti 2.0 king 4 4,571 20:th-Apr-2018, 09:01:30
Last Post: king
  Part numbers needed Daniel199025 5 4,317 15:th-Sep-2017, 13:48:20
Last Post: Daniel199025
  GTC body kit, color advice needed twinpipes 3 4,072 5:th-Aug-2017, 12:03:36
Last Post: gregj
Little help needed Jon3sy 8 5,354 29:th-Jun-2017, 07:37:54
  Knowledge about my grill needed DE5IRED 3 4,811 19:th-Mar-2015, 18:40:22
Last Post: tucpal
  Speaker help needed Cameron UK 21 11,710 26:th-Dec-2014, 15:27:27
Last Post: Lewis6317