Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
pipe coolant bleeding liquid

Bleeding coolant liquid pipe

I have just noticed a bleeding in the collant liquid pipe (not the hose but the plastic pipe) at the T-joint and tried to fix it with some glue. Things got worst, now the plastic pipe broke...see my pics attached. 

Any assistance to have a minimum of replacement or even second hand spares for this part. It seems I must be looking at the plastic part fixing on the engine block and receiving all of the hoses.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kirsley
TBH I would only replace with new parts used parts will be degrading already.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

[attachment=1108 Wrote:Rusty2009 pid='51639' dateline='1569082765']TBH I would only replace with new parts used parts will be degrading already.

Thank you for your advice. I have actually ordered a brand new "Coolant Flange" with seal from FEBI Bilstein.

Looking forward to clear this issue asap.

I must however point out that I have had a crack in the coolant reservoir as well (replaced lately), making it 2 counts for cracks in plastic in my Opel! I just hope it's just a coincidence and not a manufacturing defect.
Sadly it's a very common issue with the header tank to get a crack or hole in it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine Coolant and remote locking dm1996 1 2,751 14:th-Nov-2018, 10:19:53
Last Post: Big Dave2
  GTC Coolant temp sensor chris_yorks 2 4,751 11:th-Jul-2017, 07:38:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Black filter/cap under coolant cap won't budge ellis0896 7 6,002 18:th-Jan-2017, 20:32:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  coolant issue Shorty S91 5 6,209 8:th-Jan-2017, 22:51:27
Last Post: stigeye

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Morpheus75 (7:th-Dec-2023, 09:39:35), antd (15:th-Dec-2023, 13:41:27), bill33 (25:th-May-2023, 20:19:34)