Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
6 ecoflex service 1 intervals

1.6 ecoFlex service intervals
Hello, does anyone have the info on service intervals for Astra J 1.6 CDTI ecoFlex 81kW 2015?
And what should be changed on which service?
Yearly or every 20,000 miles. Whichever comes sooner.

According to the garage I use, this is a full breakdown of what they're supposed to do.

https://www.bellinger.co.uk/service-parts/information/
Thanks.
Interesting table, but I was looking for something a little more specific and model-related - especially because my Astra has a timing chain which should be a very complicated and expensive replacement.
The practice in my country that oil, and filters - oil, fuel, air, polen, are all replaced yearly. But I have found no specifics regarding brake fluid, brake pads and discs, water pump, drive belt, timing chain etc.
Brake pads discs are as needed no one could ever tell you set year/s mileage to change them as this is mostly dependant on how the car is driven, if your a brake rider your pads / discs would need changing much faster than someone who engine brakes.

Timing chains the old rule used to be if it's not rattling it's ok.

But when I'm online next I shall see if GM have added any info on the 1.6cdti and if they have I'll fill in the service thread to suit.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Service-parts-List
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for a great answer as always.
I've added some info I have on the 1.6 CDTI parts.
(16:th-Sep-2019, 10:29:38)_Mita Wrote: But I have found no specifics regarding brake fluid, brake pads and discs, water pump, drive belt, timing chain etc.

Brake fluid every 2 years.

Cambelt, not sure if the same on every model, but my 2.0 CDTi is every 60,000 miles or 6 years, whichever occurs first. Aux drive belt (the alternator belt) change at the same time as cambelt. It has to come off anyway, and the aux drive belt isn't that expensive.

Waterpump. Rule of thumb, change when the cam belt is due.
Thanks Big Dave, bookmarking this info

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
'Service ESP' HELP AstraRT 2 2,509 5:th-Jan-2021, 11:45:40
Last Post: AstraRT