Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
reversing lights

Reversing lights
Just been told by the wife that she has been pulled up by a few people today that her reverse lights are constantly on while driving.

I went out to check just now after coming home from work and they are not on but noticed warnings on the display by clocks to check left lamp and then a second warning to check right lamp. But no reverse lights on.

Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only one reverse light on the Astra-J. The one the other side is the fog light.

As to the rear lights. 4 bulbs in total.
IIRC, there are 2 in the light clusters on the car (one each side), and another 2 in the light clusters on the tailgate (again, one each side). Check all 4 are working.
Hi Dave

Thanks for the help.

What I was getting at was the reverse light is stuck on while driving.

But when I checked it last night on driveway with lights turned on I didn’t see it on but had two separate warning messages for each headlamp bulb to check.

Would this be a serious issue or a possible connection issue?

Thanks

Ah, as you were referring to the reversing light, I presumed the other lights mentioned were also rear ones.

Most common fault is the DRL bulbs, which have dual filaments. Sometimes get overlooked when checking for faults. A failed one can also incorrectly display the headlight bulb failure message.

Basically the DRLs should be bright with the lights off, but engine running, but dim down when sidelights or headlights are switched on. What some people assume is that they are fully working when they see the DRLs on without the head or sidelights being on.

As for the reverse light, it could be a sticky reverse light switch on the gearbox.
Thanks Dave.

I did think of the switch and glad you said the same.

Where is the switch. Is it under the gaitor.

I’ll swap all drl for new bulbs

Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Dash Lights or Instruments / battery off spybot 1 3,992 26:th-Jun-2016, 17:07:06
Last Post: tucpal
  ASTRA J CONDENSATION IN FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS! LukeAstra15 7 8,154 9:th-Jan-2016, 18:45:36
Last Post: tucpal