Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
around light gator the too how gear ambient

how too AMBIENT LIGHT AROUND THE GEAR GATOR
Strange how you've got 12v on one side of the connector and 3.5v the otherside. Sounds like the ambient light is faulty. You could try putting 12v onto straight onto the ambient light connector.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I bought another one, new, and its the same. Complete enigma 
Hi tucpal I've just brought the lamp Assy from Vauxhall has big plug so connected straight into wire loom plug all ready there my problem is it doesn't light up no matter what I do any ideas please thanks VIC
You will have to take power ground from the headlight switch
Ive tried wiring the LEDs for the doors to the window switch and the LED around the gear gator to the headlight switch and both work but they are always ON and they dont turn off no matter what until the driver's door is opened to cut the circuit off. any suggestions? the headlight control doesn't turn off the LED either.
please advise.
I followed this and connected to pin 9 but the light doesn't dim and is on all the time it I use pin it dims.

I can't remember if the ambient lighting dims and is controlled from the headlight switch or not.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ambient lighting is controlled by headlights mate as it only comes on with lights on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks mate just couldn't remember

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hi want to make a retrofit in my car corsa D relevant to light switch i have prefacelift switch and i want to change in facelift so i want to find a connctor from astra j or insignia or wiring loom from asta j or insignia to find this connector but i don't find it anywhere the code of wiring loom that i want.can you help in this situation
(13:th-Dec-2016, 18:41:54)aerox high end Wrote: hi want to make a retrofit in my car corsa D relevant to light switch i have prefacelift switch and i want to change in facelift so i want to find a connctor from astra j or insignia or wiring loom from asta j or insignia to find this connector but i don't find it anywhere the code of wiring loom that i want.can you help in this situati
nobody knows?
The corsa is different from the J so it would have to be looked

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hello,on this topic my astra sportstourer 63 plate has this light when you turn engine on this light stays on all the time it's dimmer when lights are off but turn lights on it brightens up slightly,but goes out quickly when you lock the car or close the door. Don't know if helps but thought I'd share, thanks
(28:th-Jan-2016, 11:47:55)Berbat Wrote: Guys ortam ışığı ile ilgili biraz yardım.
Ben astra j spor turnuvacısı, 2013 yılına sahibim. Ortam ışığı varsayılan olarak orada ancak güçlü ışığı vermiyor. Bağlayıcı büyük olanıdır.
Eskisini yenisiyle değiştirdim, ama aynı şeyi yaptım.

Gece boyunca bu şekilde göründüğü şekilde.

Bunu nasıl düzelteceğimize dair herhangi bir fikrin var mı?
Elektrikle aleti kontrol edeceğim, voltajı kontrol edeceğim
Adam Merhaba, ben aynı sorun var sen konu için bir çözüm üretmek mi?
(28:th-Jan-2016, 11:47:55)Dooks Wrote: Guys ortam ışığı Ile Ilgili biraz yardım.
Ben astra j spor turnuvacısı, 2013 yılına sahibim. Ortam ışığı varsayılan olarak orada yeter olan ışığa vermiyor. Bağlayıcı büyük olanıdır.

Bunu nasıl düzelteceğimize getirsene bir fikrin var mı?
Elektrikli aleti kontrol edeceğim, voltajı kontrol edeceğim

Merhaba adamım
Konu için bir çözüm ürettiniz mi? Aynı çözüm var nd çözüm üretmek vermedi :(
(10:th-Mar-2017, 21:32:20)ayhansecil Wrote:
(28:th-Jan-2016, 11:47:55)Dooks Wrote: Guys ortam ışığı Ile Ilgili biraz yardım.
Ben astra j spor turnuvacısı, 2013 yılına sahibim. Ortam ışığı varsayılan olarak orada yeter olan ışığa vermiyor. Bağlayıcı büyük olanıdır.

Merhaba adamım

Can you speak English then we will be able to help you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(11:th-Mar-2017, 08:36:09)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(10:th-Mar-2017, 21:32:20)Ayhansecil Wrote:
(28:th-Jan-2016, 11:47:55)Berbat Wrote: Guys ortam ışığı Ile Ilgili biraz yardım.

Merhaba adamım

Can you speak English then we will be able to help you.

Im sorry. I use google translator. But I can understand. I have Astra J sport sedan. Im connecting the  leds to pins 9 and 10, but led does not light. Turn the pins upside down, led gives very little light. What could be the problem, thank you for your help.
Hey Rusty2009, can you help me
Pins 9 & 10 are correct, others have had the same problem and have just tapped into the head light switch.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 , Im connecting the leds to pins 7 and 14. Now the lighting worked, I have problems with this connection ? Thanks for your reply
(20:th-Mar-2017, 09:49:55)ayhansecil Wrote: Rusty2009 , Im connecting the  leds to pins 7 and 14. Now the lighting worked, I have problems with this connection ? Thanks for your reply

Pin 7 is also LED lighting if you have EPB so you should be fine. ground for that should be pin 8 tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks Rusty2009, Yes i have the electric handbrake. Link 7 and 14, modifier 7 and 8.
Yes just move from 14 to 8.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hey guys any chance you know how to remove the gear gator for an auto? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
last one went to at a scrap yard had been broken so couldn't look into it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
so mine is a 2017 gtc, guy in dealers fitted the led round the gear surround, the plug was there but no power in it, he wasnt sure on how to wire it so will do it another day, what is the correct procedure to get power to it.
I'm guessing you have the electric hand brake?

Just need to swap the wires around to correct pins.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
[attachment=903 Wrote:Rusty2009 pid='44193' dateline='1500100230']I'm guessing you have the electric hand brake?

Just need to swap the wires around to correct pins.

No electric handbrake, old style pull up, so what wires do i swap. he just pulled the connectors together to try at a later date

Attached Files
  astra1.jpg (Size: 52.41 KB / Downloads: 38)
Try moving red from pin9 to pin7 & black from pin10 to pin8

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(18:th-Jul-2017, 07:05:27)Rusty2009 Wrote: Try moving red from pin9 to pin 7.

so its move Try moving red from pin9 to pin 7 on each connector has this worked for anyone else
No move PIN9 to PIN7 on the Light side only.

Yes it has worked for others otherwise I wouldn't of said to try it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(19:th-Jul-2017, 06:34:41)Rusty2009 Wrote: No move PIN9 to PIN7 on the Light side only.

Ah thanks , sorry for the silly question, just not that technical minded, another silly question , so you mean move the pin 9 on the led surround plug only
(19:th-Jul-2017, 12:19:36)twinpipes Wrote:
(19:th-Jul-2017, 06:34:41)Rusty2009 Wrote: No move PIN9 to PIN7 on the Light side only.

Ah thanks , sorry for the silly question, just not that technical minded, another silly question , so you mean move the pin 9 on the led surround plug only

No worries. Yes mate. Have to push the purple plug up (as it's the secondary locking lug) then if unfold a paper clip into a U you can use that to press then locking pins in and slide the pin out.

If you want some pics of what I mean let me know.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Jul-2017, 07:34:09)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(19:th-Jul-2017, 12:19:36)twinpipes Wrote:

No worries. Yes mate. Have to push the purple plug up (as it's the secondary locking lug) then if unfold a paper clip into a U you can use that to press then locking pins in and slide the pin out.

If you want some pics of what I mean let me know.

Thanks again, think i have it , but if you have pics that would be great, just to be on the safe side.
Ok I'll grab some pics later for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hi rusty2009, did you have a chance to get any pics
(24:th-Jul-2017, 20:32:19)twinpipes Wrote: hi rusty2009, did you have a chance to get any pics

I'm trying to find something small enough that people would have around the home as the paper clip is too big for the holes on this plug.

Unless you fancy buying this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Car-Electric...SwH09ZEuDs
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
A needle or pin?

(27:th-Jul-2017, 22:57:46)Jon_es Wrote: A needle or pin?

No I tried that too big needs to thin and flat.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(28:th-Jul-2017, 07:12:07)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(27:th-Jul-2017, 22:57:46)Jon_es Wrote: A needle or pin?

No I tried that too big needs to thin and flat.

I mean the eye of it, becuase pins come in all sizes one must be okay? Hmmmm

Hi mate need your help on the post about connecting ambience lights up I have manual handbrake and i took ambience lights surround out another vechical and fitted it to my Astra gtc 2015, I have the big plug under my gear stick gaiter and the ambience led light has big plug too and both have 2 wires each but when I connect the 2 plugs together the ambience lights don’t work am I missing something as the 2 wires on my plug in my car meet the 2 wires on the plug of the ambience led light, thanks in advance
(8:th-Mar-2018, 01:27:56)Wullie1967 Wrote: Hi mate need your help on the post about connecting ambience lights up I have manual handbrake and i took ambience lights surround out another vechical and fitted it to my Astra gtc 2015, I have the big plug under my gear stick gaiter and the ambience led light has big plug too and both have 2 wires each but when I connect the 2 plugs together the ambience lights don’t work am I missing something as the 2 wires on my plug in my car meet the 2 wires on the plug of the ambience led light, thanks in advance

See post 128 Above ^^ https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-how...7#pid44227
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yes like I say I have joined the plugs nothing happened but someone wrote you can’t take a feed from the light switch on the Astra GTC
The big plug on my car side with the 2 wires one black one white none of them are live so I was wandering if there is a fuse missing or something as car isn’t ment to have ambience lights but then why is the plug there with 2 wires in it
Hi all,
I am also having issues with low brightness of led, I have Astra 2013 hatch with handbrake, big connector, and factory LEDs which are lit but they are very dim. Can someone please help me how to resolve this and increase the brightness?

Thanks,
Edin
(8:th-Mar-2018, 10:20:36)Wullie1967 Wrote: Yes like I say I have joined the plugs nothing happened but someone wrote you can’t take a feed from the light switch on the Astra GTC

Are the wires matching I referred you to the post so you could check the plug it could be you need to swap the wires around.

(10:th-Mar-2018, 13:54:16)edinn Wrote: Hi all,
I am also having issues with low brightness of led, I have Astra 2013 hatch with handbrake, big connector, and factory LEDs which are lit but they are very dim. Can someone please help me how to resolve this and increase the brightness?

Thanks,
Edin

Have you tried turning them up via the dimmer switch on the headlight switch?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yes tried dimmer doesn’t brighten it up there is 12v on car plug side and 3.5v coming out led side I think the eco is consoling it don’t no if it’s something Vauxhall’s would have to do, but you can take feed right from fag lighter and it will work

I meant to write ecu is controlling it
Quote:Have you tried turning them up via the dimmer switch on the headlight switch?
Yes but no luck. On the big connector I had only two wires (black and white), so I had to take the power from headlight switch. After that, works like charm, even dimming. Thanks!
HI EVERYONE

I'm trying to something new, wen I finish I will post the pictures for everyone to see.
I want to install a dash board light, but i want to the light switch but only wen i turn the lights on on the 1st position.
So my question is where should i connect the 2 wires? to get only light wen i manually turn the light on.

Thanks
(17:th-Aug-2018, 16:37:13)Skemess Wrote: HI EVERYONE

I'm trying to something new, wen I finish I will post the pictures for everyone to see.
I want to install a dash board light, but i want to the light switch but only wen i turn the lights on on the 1st position.
So my question is where should i connect the 2 wires? to get only light wen i manually turn the light on.

Thanks

If I understand correctly you want have a light on the dash that only comes on when you have sidelights on?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(18:th-Aug-2018, 08:05:04)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(17:th-Aug-2018, 16:37:13)Skemess Wrote: HI EVERYONE

Thanks

If I understand correctly you want have a light on the dash that only comes on when you have sidelights on?
Hi Rusty

Yes only wen i turn the sidelights on and stay on after that 1st position, its a 2 wire connection.
thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ambient door lights tucpal 214 119,396 28:th-Mar-2021, 00:48:32
Last Post: Benk91
  How-to led reverse light tucpal 23 24,944 18:th-Feb-2020, 08:26:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How-to Extra boot light Rusty2009 65 40,090 7:th-Jan-2019, 08:41:31
Last Post: Rusty2009
  security light tucpal 34 22,163 2:nd-Jan-2019, 18:50:28
Last Post: Collster
  How To remove the front courtesy light Rusty2009 6 11,899 16:th-Feb-2015, 01:35:07
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (7:th-May-2023, 19:00:38), exhippykev (27:th-Jun-2023, 20:57:02)