Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
new advanced halfords pride my and joy

My new pride and joy: Halfords advanced
I know the sets are to a lot of people's liking, but for a person like myself, it gives me exactly what I want.

During their extra 20% off last weekend, combining with cashback, reward points and redemption values, less than £100 for the Halfords Advanced 200pc socket set.

Used it today for replacing the condenser, made the job a damn sight easier (the prior week I had to abandon due to a missing E12 socket. Well, E8-E18 was missing entirely.

All the joys of moving home!

The only niggle I have is when using a wrench at speed, I can flick the lever on the back quite easily, but I feel this is more to do with my technique with the lower lever as it improved as the day went on.

A nice bit of kit that I, personally, am happy to have.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I have a few Halfords Advanced tools, not bad quality

I normally replace the ratchets with snap-on or Britool once I break them lol
Yes I must admit the halfords advance tools are good, I've had my set for over 9yrs and the baby ratchet failed about a year ago.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
That is a pretty decent life span rusty

doesn't their stuff have a lifetime warranty?
I've taken back broken sockets and they just replace them, no worries
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I need a decent set like that, but it's just to expensive.
I know the feeling, I've been looking at these for years in the "half price" sales, along with the monthly 15% off codes, but nerve really justified it.

If I think what I've spent over the years on cheaper sets, single sockets, torx sockets/bits, I should have just done it years ago.

(29:th-Jun-2019, 20:16:45)niteram Wrote: doesn't their stuff have a lifetime warranty?
I've taken back broken sockets and they just replace them, no worries

I would imagine a ratchet would be classed as a wear and tear item and be exempt from the warranty, unless the handle itself broke. Or there's something in the smallprint that they could use to wriggle their way out of replacing it.
Yes ratchets are not covered on the lifetime warranty.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Just an update the ratchets are covered.

Son snapped my T20 bit so though I'd try and get them to replace the ratchet too, they took both part off me then went & got new parts out the cabinet no questions.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
to be fair the Halfords ratchets are very good, but I prefer to buy the best and not to have one 'let go' and cause me pain lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced Insurance Quotes sheppy1 8 6,851 17:th-Jan-2016, 22:03:33
Last Post: sheppy1