Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
removal roof console

Roof console removal
Hi All

My 2016 GTC has developed an annoying rattle from behind the roof mounted light and switch console. If I'm mobile and the rattling starts, if I then press the console, the rattling stops. I suspect some loose wires are rattling against the inside of the console. So, the question is, is it possible to remove the console unit without damaging it. I've taken a close look and it looks like it press fits in to position but I don't want to attempt to remove it in case I damage it. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance, Ed
Here is a how-to to remove the part
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...tesy-light

There is a how-to somewhere to fix your issue by putting a sponge up in there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-May-2019, 08:00:43)Rusty2009 Wrote: Here is a how-to to remove the part
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...tesy-light

There is a how-to somewhere to fix your issue by putting a sponge up in there.

Hi Rusty

You've done it again. Thank you so much. I would never have managed to get the light unit out without your help. I'll have a look for the sponge fix. That makes a lot of sense. The rattle is really annoying and it seems to be getting worse. I'm going to have a go now. You won't believe this but I've just noticed another rattle from what appears to be behind the speedometer to the right of the main instrument panel. I'll have a look through the site to see what I can find.

I wanted to say thanks for your help Rusty and have left something that I hope you will find useful at  https://ufile.io/x7y3dhrv

Just copy and paste the link in to your web browser and then select the free slow download. I hope you don't already have this and that it is useful for you. All the best and with grateful thanks, Ed
Thank-you ed-b, I do have access to that but always handy to have it in that form rather than loading up another OS.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.