Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dab amp audo bluetooth all telephone? speaker

All Speaker Bluetooth Audo, DAB & Telephone?

Hi all,

I am a new owner of a 2013 (63) Astra J Elite. Now, the issue has come already that the car lacks anything bluetooth and also DAB. Now, DAB i can live without, but the bluetooth telephone / audio i cannot. FM just does not cut it for me.

What I am trying to achieve is this:

Telephone calls over bluetooth (using steering wheel controls)
Bluetooth Audio - iTunes Music subscription
DAB+ for Kisstory mostly.

I have got rear sensors but i have been looking at a couple of products to try and achieve this, but not really sure if it will all work, or what other options there were?

Part 1 - AutoDab CTDAB-VX2 - https://www.bassjunkies.com/ctdab-vx2.html
This will give me national DAB+ without any problem and all the stations i am answer, which is great.

Part 2 - RetroFit Ray Smith Bluetooth for CD400 - https://www.raysmith.co.uk/vauxhall-oem-bluetooth
This will give me the phone facility and steering wheel controls, but ONLY front speakers for A2DP, which is poor considering I want full car audio.

What can i do / fit / get fitted which will give me DAB and Phone and BT Audio across the whole car. I appreciate Phone will most likely be front 2 speakers and thats fine, but I need help please if anyone can assist???

Thanks,
Sean
Hi Welcome.

Your best option is to go down the Navi950 route that will give audio streaming, BT steering wheel controls & if you get the Dab+ module also DAB with the bonus of satnav.

The Raysmith kits have alot of bad reports while others like them.

Of course there is the aftermarket options out there too but again even these have mixed reviews & almost everyone I've fitted an android unit for have come back to have the factory Navi system fitted as they just don't get on with or like the android units.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I agree with rusty , Navi 950 is the way forward and you get the option of rear camera
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Thanks for the feedback both of you.

Rusty, I kinda hear through the grapevine you are all things Navi950 and I read up on your efforts to retrofit that in ( and your new website from Jan ). What kinda costs am I looking at to achieve this setup as I prefer stock over aftermarket wherever possible!

I do appreciate your replies all, I’ve come from the Audi world so this is all unfamiliar territory lol.

Cheers!
Fitting and programming is £270 (no parts supplied other than the wiring needed) units can for £150-350 they are hard to find but worth the wait IMHO, when does come up you have to jump on it because they won't be around long, The DAB+ modules are also a pain to get and carry a price tag of about £80.

If you wanted rear camera fitted the same time (as long as it's a GTC or Hatchback) it can be done for an extra £145 (instead of the £190) that incl the camera.

Price's are subject to change if GM put a price increase on again.

Hope your liking the Vauxhall.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Does the Navi 950 have to come from an Astra or would a Mokka or Insignia unit work?
Hi Iamthestig

Rusty retrofitted my Navi950 to my GTC, the Navi950 came with the control panel & screen from Intaparts car breakers which was £220 & I bought the reversing camera which was £25 off ebay, I had previously the CarVision unit when I purchased the car which was something that I couldn't get my head around, a Pioneer F88 dab, then the Navi950, Rusty retrofitted the Pioneer as well, however as I always wanted a Navi system for the GTC as I had a Navi500 in a previous Astra J, now I wouldn't know if the navi units are the same as the Astra which are installed on the Insignia's or Mokka cars, however all I will say is that Rusty is one of a few that can retrofit most things Vauxhall as Rusty have retrofitted various oem modifications to my previous Astra J & my present GTC.
Pretty sure the Navi 950 came on the mokka, Insignia, Astra J and Meriva B. 

Reminds me i need to reply to Rustys message on facebook.... I have the Navi 500 which is better than no sat nav and no bluetooth but the interface seems a bit dated and i would like the ability to stream music rather than plugging in.
The radio box and screen can come from mokka, astra, meriva, zaffria but you will need the control panel, screen surround & USB tray from an Astra the controls from a meriva are the same.

The cascada has a slightly different screen surround.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
If I wanted to add bluetooth phone connectivity (calls only), just I just need to upgrade to the 400 plus. If this this the case what parts do I need? Is my existing screen okay to keep.
All of the modules I've seen dont have a button for the parking sensors which my 13 Elite has....
@rusty2009 does a postal service I believe to add Bluetooth to your cd400, just need the module and some wiring and programming of cd400.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Yes I do Bluetooth kits for the CD400 with BT, DAB & USB are also enabled meaning no further programming at a later date if you wanted to fit the extra parts.

If you sticking with a CD400 the buttons don't need changing.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bluetooth Streaming Options? D4NNYB0Y 1 1,631 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:33:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Centre Speaker Woes andyp 2 1,820 7:th-Mar-2020, 12:07:10
Last Post: andyp
  bluetooth marky79 1 2,002 9:th-Mar-2019, 18:39:10
  Bluetooth Retro fit wrobsongtc 2 2,980 4:th-Jun-2018, 15:58:54
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  Bluetooth module for sale richardhmorgan1 3 3,680 10:th-Apr-2018, 19:58:09
  Wanting to install bluetooth and upgrade CD400 andy2174 14 28,955 1:st-Mar-2018, 20:27:35
Last Post: marcus01
  how to add speaker zaghloull 1 3,057 9:th-May-2017, 07:16:44
  Installing usb port and bluetooth 1.4turbo 1.4turbo 10 6,892 1:st-May-2017, 08:16:43
Last Post: Lewis6317
  Bluetooth Music sheppy1 25 25,680 7:th-Jan-2016, 22:32:44
Last Post: sheppy1
  Speaker help needed Cameron UK 21 10,897 26:th-Dec-2014, 15:27:27
Last Post: Lewis6317

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
James37518 (15:th-Jan-2024, 01:42:58)