Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hi coventry from

Hi from Coventry

Hi folks, picked up a cheap Astra J 1.4 a few weeks ago. Just got a car pass from Vauxhall so I'm looking forward to seeing what things I can turn on using opcom! 
First thing I did before I even drove it anywhere was enable the range and MPG  
Anyway, happy to be onboard, hopefully it'll be useful, I couldn't manage to get onto VXON!
Welcome.

You can't turn much on at-all with op-com other than what you have.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(13:th-Feb-2019, 08:09:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome.

You can't turn much on at-all with op-com other than what you have.

Yeah, I noticed that last night! I thought I'd at least be able to find the option to open the windows with the fob...
On the plus side, I programmed a new key to it, so I'll add that to my repertoire! Not bad, £6.49 for the key (cheap off eBay) then £15 to cut it at Timpsons - slightly more sad, but it works, so not a bad price overall.
hi I gave a J 1.4, how did you do this? I couldnt get hold of an OBD11 reader or find a garage to do it.
(15:th-Feb-2019, 08:56:46)fd1985 Wrote: hi I have a J 1.4, how did you do this? I couldn't get hold of an OBDII reader or find a garage to do it.

Turn on the trip computer functions you mean? You can't do it with a generic OBDII reader, you need a Vauxhall specific one, it's called Opcom (there may be others, I'm not sure, but this is what I use). You can get a cheap Chinese clone of it on eBay.

If you have the smaller screen, you can't get too many functions, but you can get range, average MPG, instant MPG and average speed - I think that's it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi from Coventry Rich72 0 2,615 24:th-Dec-2017, 01:55:10
Last Post: Rich72
  Newbie from Coventry SI SRI 5 4,556 31:st-May-2014, 07:53:31
Last Post: cornishtaz