Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
reversing fit j gtc astra camera on

fit reversing camera on astra j gtc
Hi everyone could you tell me which head unit i need to put a reversing camera in..also how to install it please. Am sure someone on here said that a navi 600/650 is able to fit the camera in. but cannot remember thanks mal
Could be also CD600 (I've done it on my previous J).
600/900 & 650/950.

I make the looms, the radio will need to be programmed also.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(11:th-Feb-2019, 09:02:33)Rusty2009 Wrote: 600/900 & 650/950.

I make the looms, the radio will need to be programmed also.

hi could you give me any more info as your alittle to far to travel to....if my radio is already programmed to my car does the camera wire up to  it or does it need extra kit??? do you have any wiring diagrams please
The radio needs to be programmed for rear camera to function. this will need to be done via a VCI code and SPS.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hi
Looking at fitting reversing camera on my 2015 Gtc vxr.
Navi 950 with Infinity factory fitted.
What do I need please?
@rusty2009 is you man for this one chap.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(8:th-Jul-2020, 19:33:06)iandy66 Wrote: Hi
Looking at fitting reversing camera on my 2015 Gtc vxr.
Navi 950 with Infinity factory fitted.
What do I need please?

The radio needs programming to know it has rear camera (Which I can do via the post) you will also need a rear camera and loom (I make custom loom & do have a stock of cameras)

As your Norfolk way I guess you wouldn't be willing to travel to Bournemouth.

The bumper will need to come off to run the camera loom, while the bumper is off you can cut the hole for the rear camera.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sounds good
Can you give me a price I will have ago at doing it myself as Bournemouth is a bit far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cost to program the radio supply loom and camera would be £160.

That will also include all Radio updates which are needed from SPS via USB & 2018 Map (the last ever Map update for these units).

Turn around time is normally 1 day as the updates take some time to apply.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok
That’s Great, I was thinking of using the Camera that comes with the Number plate light what are thoughts on these

(9:th-Jul-2020, 10:37:42)iandy66 Wrote: Ok
That’s Great, I was thinking of using the Camera that comes with the Number plate light what are thoughts on these

better with a factory camera sits centre of bumper rather than to one side.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ok I’ll do that then.
How do you want me to pay you?

I always ask for payment once radio box is programmed and ready to be sent back, Payment via Bank transfer is preferred.

Can PM me if you want to go ahead and we can go from there.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi Rusty, I'm Matteo from Italy.
I've an Astra J GTC 1.6 Turbo petrol MY12 with NAVI900.
I've tried several times to obtain VCI code by GM but unfortunately is not available (for my car).
In your opinion is possible send you my NAVI900 unit in order to program it (and unlock rear view camera function)?
Actually my unit is updated with SW V.2.08 and custom red theme (will they overwritten/deleted?).
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Matteo.
Hi Rusty2009, I activated the feedback with cd600 vci code, but when I switch from r to d, the screen immediately turns black and the vision is gone. I got the OEM Camera feed from the reversing lamp, where do I need to get the camera's energy for delayed camera switching. I'll be glad if you tell me your method, thank you.
(2:nd-Dec-2020, 20:24:24)Morpheus75 Wrote: Hi Rusty, I'm Matteo from Italy.
I've tried several times to obtain VCI code by GM but unfortunately is not available (for my car).
In your opinion is possible send you my NAVI900 unit in order to program it (and unlock rear view camera function)?
Actually my unit is updated with SW V.2.08 and custom red theme (will they overwritten/deleted?).
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Matteo.

No GM will refuse the GTC as rear camera was never an option on them for some reason.
I don't have any sources for Italy's cars to use a work around.
In terms of the themes no etc no they do not get overwritten when reprogramming.

(6:th-Dec-2020, 11:35:36)ayhansecil Wrote: Hi Rusty2009, I activated the feedback with cd600 vci code, but when I switch from r to d, the screen immediately turns black and the vision is gone. I got the OEM Camera feed from the reversing lamp, where do I need to get the camera's energy for delayed camera switching. I'll be glad if you tell me your method, thank you.

Depends what camera you have fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi Rusty2009, I enabled feedback with cd600 vci code but when I switch from r to d the screen immediately goes black and the image disappears. I got the OEM Camera feed from the reversing light, where should I get the camera's energy for delayed camera switching. If you tell me your method, I would appreciate it, thank you.

It depends on which camera you have installed.

I am using an oem camera. which camera would you recommend to use for original connection
(8:th-Dec-2020, 06:52:36)ayhansecil Wrote: Hi Rusty2009, I enabled feedback with cd600 vci code but when I switch from r to d the screen immediately goes black and the image disappears. I got the OEM Camera feed from the reversing light, where should I get the camera's energy for delayed camera switching. If you tell me your method, I would appreciate it, thank you.

It depends on which camera you have installed.

I am using an oem camera. which camera would you recommend to use for original connection

On the OEM camera there is a run crank wire this goes to the rear fuse board (you may need to swap out the rear board as some don't have the fuse or pin needed).
Of course if there is no rear fuse board then you run to the glove box fuse board and do a piggyback.

Rear fuse board X1 pin 33 (there maybe a wire in there in which case splice to it).
Glove box fuse board you can piggy back off fuse 21 & use a 2AMP fuse for the camera.

Please not the wire colours are for my own custom rear camera loom.
but follows to the following on the OEM camera
Pink = Red Run crank (Pin 6)
Blue = Yellow Camera signal +2 (Pin 1)
White = White Camera signal 2 (Pin 4)
Black Heat shrink = Black camera wire drain (Pin 2)
Orange = Green Reverse light (Pin 3)
Black = Black Ground. (Pin 5)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thank you, so are you confirming that on the GTC it will not be possible in any way to activate the rear view camera?
(7:th-Dec-2020, 08:42:29)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(2:nd-Dec-2020, 20:24:24)Morpheus75 Wrote: Hi Rusty, I'm Matteo from Italy.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Matteo.

No GM will refuse the GTC as rear camera was never an option on them for some reason.
I don't have any sources for Italy's cars to use a work around.
In terms of the themes no etc no they do not get overwritten when reprogramming.

(6:th-Dec-2020, 11:35:36)ayhansecil Wrote: Hi Rusty2009, I activated the feedback with cd600 vci code, but when I switch from r to d, the screen immediately turns black and the vision is gone. I got the OEM Camera feed from the reversing lamp, where do I need to get the camera's energy for delayed camera switching. I'll be glad if you tell me your method, thank you.

Depends what camera you have fitted.
(30:th-Dec-2020, 20:11:17)Morpheus75 Wrote: Thank you, so are you confirming that on the GTC it will not be possible in any way to activate the rear view camera?

It is possible but not with GM, I've done a load of GTC's / VXR's.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(31:st-Dec-2020, 07:37:13)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(30:th-Dec-2020, 20:11:17)Morpheus75 Wrote: Thank you, so are you confirming that on the GTC it will not be possible in any way to activate the rear view camera?

It is possible but not with GM, I've done a load of GTC's / VXR's.

Can you explain me how to? (by P.M. please)
Hi, I have just fitter the camera on the Navi 950, data wires taken as described 5 and 15.
Ground and Rev Light both taken directly from the rev light cable itself.
And Run Crank taken from the front lighter - don't have the rear fuse box and wasn't aware how to take it from the front fuse box, until reading it here just now.

Everything is working fine, I'm just wondering if there could be a potential problem with the lighter wire taken as Run Crank?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Insignia B cluster fitted in Astra J milozic 0 1,342 19:th-Jul-2023, 17:25:46
Last Post: milozic
  Factory Reverse Camera, Astra j/GTC, insignia tucpal 29 22,996 12:th-Mar-2023, 15:36:11
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear view camera MarkAP68 1 2,186 12:th-Sep-2021, 17:51:53
  ASTRA J OEM PARKING SENSORS blacknik 15 11,814 3:rd-Feb-2021, 19:58:42
Last Post: Qaranc
  How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door Rusty2009 11 25,022 18:th-Feb-2020, 08:13:37
  Astra J Sport tourer and OEM rear view camera saarits 47 28,232 26:th-Mar-2019, 23:38:23
Last Post: tzr608
  Retrofit Rear Power point 5 door Astra J Ballinlea 3 11,149 20:th-Mar-2019, 18:13:44
  Astra gtc retrofit foglights Daniel199025 1 4,548 19:th-Jul-2018, 07:32:40
  astra j gtc bluetooth tucpal 19 29,850 18:th-Feb-2018, 12:54:24
Last Post: Dooks
  Astra J 11 Radio Upgrade Dolenc 1 7,304 14:th-Feb-2017, 07:47:16

Who read this thread?
8 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (3:rd-Apr-2023, 08:41:29), Morpheus75 (8:th-Feb-2024, 13:33:58), milozic (12:th-Nov-2023, 13:15:41), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 21:58:25), M.Duman (28:th-May-2023, 16:41:57), mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:48:51), mark_palmer (15:th-Jan-2024, 18:16:38), iNeoTom (8:th-Feb-2024, 10:24:27)