Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
returning shift c knob not zafira

Zafira c - Shift knob not returning
Hello to all.

I have a 2012 Zafira C (Tourer) and started to have a problem in the shift knob.
The shift drives normally for shifting gears, but the gear does not return to its original position by itself.
Same as this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bx6XjWofEw

Can anyone help, or already had this problem?
IS there an "easy" solution for this?

Thank you
Once in while mine does this no idea why lasts for 5mins or so then goes back to normal.

@vocky may have an answer.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thank for your reply @Rusty.

Well mine has being doing this for a while now .. a few months i guess.

Its just really annoying, and i was wondering if :
1- Is is expensive to resolve 
2 - left like this will bring later bigger problems .

Thanks
J.
Hi have you tried removing the gaitor and greasing the linkage if its like my GTC its a nylon ball and the greese dos dry out used some spray grease on mine not for your problem but just the general rubbish gear change did help a bit like everything Vauxhall they where a bit tight on the lube front
(30:th-Jan-2019, 11:29:05)andyp Wrote: Hi have you tried removing the gaitor and greasing the linkage if its like my GTC its a nylon ball and the greese dos dry out used some spray grease on mine not for your problem but just the general rubbish gear change did help a bit like everything Vauxhall they where a bit tight on the lube front

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunaly i'm not a mechanic, but will bring that information near a known mechanic of mine.

J.
probably needs the gear linkage adjusting, which does not take long to do
(30:th-Jan-2019, 18:01:59)vocky Wrote: probably needs the gear linkage adjusting, which does not take long to do

Hello.

Does that job needs a qualified mechanic to perform? Or is it someone can do with youtube or something?

Thanks
J
If you have an F40 gearbox: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_f...are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30:th-Jan-2019, 22:47:06)Telsun Wrote: If you have an F40 gearbox: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_f...are_type=t

Hello.

How cna i tell wich is my gearbox?
I have a 2012 Zafira c, 2.0Diesel
Think it says in your handbook

(31:st-Jan-2019, 17:00:22)Telsun Wrote: Think it says in your handbook

Ok.
 Thank you for your help.
Will look into it

Thnkx
J.
What engine do you have?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(1:st-Feb-2019, 08:31:57)Rusty2009 Wrote: What engine do you have?

Hi there.

Its a 2.0 diesel, i think 165 hp

Thanks for any help

J.
Then you should have the F40 gearbox.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(2:nd-Feb-2019, 09:10:28)Rusty2009 Wrote: Then you should have the F40 gearbox.

Thanks.

Going to check the llnk above.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  zafira gsi alternator zaffydom 0 9,558 27:th-Jul-2016, 15:54:48
Last Post: zaffydom