Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to fit support heated leather seats lumber electric and how

HOW TO FIT leather heated seats and electric lumber support
Around the £500 price seems about the norm which should include door cards too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've found a set for £350 just waiting on photos of the condition.
That include the door cards too mate? Think I got mine for around £350 with door cards...check to see if they know which seats are heated too...I bought mine expecting both seats to be heated but turns out only the drivers side was

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

i payed £300 make sure they have the seat connectors under both drivers and passenger seat
Didn't think of that will message him now. Don't want to waste a drive up there.
Right lads, I've got my seats and tonight I did a dry run, while waiting on tools, to see how easy I could get my current interior out.

I have a couple of questions. First about the rear bench. How do I get the white plugs out without damaging them as don't want to pull them too hard and break them.

Secondly, how do I remove these?

Just push on both sides of the white plug with two flat head screw drivers and pop it up when you refit them put them on the seat before you push the seat in as for the other two bits there a bit trickey look at the tabs on the new ones you need to push them in that direction and lift at the same time very easy to brake them tabs
Ok will give it another go tomorrow then hopefully fit at some point next week.
Is there a part number for the white clips incase I brake one?
The seat plugs, do they come away from the chassis before they can be unclipped?
The white clips will stay in when you pull the seat out then you must remove them and bang them on the new seat clips then fit the seat
You may find that seatbelt pretension connectors are different and you may need to chop and solder.

If you want a hand you know where I am.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I'm hoping they will be the same, my car is a 14 plate and the seats came from a 15 plate.
They should be the same right?
I would think so
I'm hoping so. My current seats are heated so I'm hoping everything should work fine. Only concerns are lumber support and door cards. I might need some help with them.
Some have plugged and play with the lumber some have just needed power the heated side will be fine
Guess I will no when I try and fit them. You know I'm a novice when I've had to go out and buy a T50 Torx bit and the right size spanner.
When you have done it once you will be an expert need help it is always here
Should be fine mate your find out lol, you will need some force for the seat bolts as they will have thread lock on.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Which part?
The 2 trox bolts that hold the front seats down.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah ok, now I get ya. Need to go buy the tools I need anyway
Fair enough well as said if you want a hand you know where I am I have all the tools too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
It would make life easier two are better than one
Will attempt to loosen bolts before I attempt the whole thing anyway and will have a friend helping.

Would have took the drive to Rusty but with all the stuff in the car I couldn't see out my passenger side or rear window so didn't feel comfortable driving, especially the two plus hours it would take me.

I might have to pop down for help with the door cards and my mirrors if that's ok?
it will look grate when you have it all in
Must admit, I'm warming to the idea of a leather interior. I usually prefer half leather but the half leather option on J's aren't supportive like the SRIs. Now whether I can justify spending £350/£400 lol

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Not a problem mate.

The leather is so much nicer my only complaint is the fact it's perforated.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi all after some help,, Looks like my car has the 21 pin connector under the seats,, dose anyone have the wiring diagram for these connectors ??

James.
(28:th-Nov-2016, 12:34:52)jj120979 Wrote: Hi all after some help,, Looks like my car has the 21 pin connector under the seats,, dose anyone have the wiring diagram for these connectors ??

James.

Should be in the first post.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
looks like the passenger side is OK.. if ive looked right 

this is my connector under the drivers seat its slightly different are the pin the same??

[attachment=771]

[attachment=772]

if someone could let me know if they think i have the correct wires for the heated seats i would be very greatfull   
hey guys, been thinking about adding leather heated seats to my 11 plate sri, ive got hte fuse in slot 21 in the boot fuse box but when i had a look at the connector under the drivers seat, from what i can see  it looks like pin 8 is missing. is this still possible?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

A little off topic but would this process be the same for the insignia?

I’ve got some leather seats but I’m unable to fit them yet due to the drivers side being fully electric and then the passenger being semi electric.

Trying to find someone to fit them is proving to be rather difficult sadly.
(7:th-Oct-2017, 14:43:03)Wayne17 Wrote: Hi,

A little off topic but would this process be the same for the insignia?

I’ve got some leather seats but I’m unable to fit them yet due to the drivers side being fully electric and then the passenger being semi electric.

Trying to find someone to fit them is proving to be rather difficult sadly.

PM me some details mate and I'll have a look into the wiring info etc for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Really great notes, I used these to upgrade my Sri to leather. I also bought the new heater controls so I can use the heated seats. The problem I have is the buttons are the wrong way round, the drivers side button heats the passenger seat and vice versa. Any idea why?
(4:th-Jul-2018, 08:42:38)Matthewbpearson Wrote: Really great notes, I used these to upgrade my Sri to leather.  I also bought the new heater controls so I can use the heated seats. The problem I have is the buttons are the wrong way round, the drivers side button heats the passenger seat and vice versa. Any idea why?

Someone else had this issue I suggested they swap the wires around at the heater control module under drivers seat I'm not sure if they did.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just a quick addition to the how to, when swapping the front seats on a GTC you can skip the part for the seatbelt pre-tensioners as they’re in the B pillar not the seats
Great how to really helps

Hi guy just a quick question does anyone know if 5dr leather interior will fit into an estate please let me know thanks
(25:th-Aug-2018, 17:29:30)ayazuk2007 Wrote: Hi guy just a quick question does anyone know if 5dr leather interior will fit into an estate please let me know thanks

IIRC the rear seats in the estate are slightly different (I could be wrong tho).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi guys, replaced my seats today in my 11 plate, with seats from 14 plate, drivers is heated etc with electric lumbar, passengers just heated. Passenger one fitted fine but my drivers seat connector is totally different, can anyone point me in the right direction? Will I have to entirely unpin the connector then either use old connector housing or just spice them in one by one? 

Here's a photo of the drivers side connector. Passengers was same as old seats and no Probs! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwjqz9kebq5kuv...3.jpg?dl=0
(24:th-Sep-2018, 14:36:12)letsgetrdy Wrote: Hi guys, replaced my seats today in my 11 plate, with seats from 14 plate, drivers is heated etc with electric lumbar, passengers just heated. Passenger one fitted fine but my drivers seat connector is totally different, can anyone point me in the right direction? Will I have to entirely unpin the connector then either use old connector housing or just spice them in one by one? 

Here's a photo of the drivers side connector. Passengers was same as old seats and no Probs! 

De-pin and use old connector is your quickest option.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(24:th-Sep-2018, 14:36:12)letsgetrdy Wrote: Hi guys, replaced my seats today in my 11 plate, with seats from 14 plate, drivers is heated etc with electric lumbar, passengers just heated. Passenger one fitted fine but my drivers seat connector is totally different, can anyone point me in the right direction? Will I have to entirely unpin the connector then either use old connector housing or just spice them in one by one? 

Thanks for your reply, ignore my snip job but I done it temporary, tomorrow I will solder and seal. https://www.dropbox.com/s/93oxcd7d212mdr...4.jpg?dl=0

I used the old connector from old front seat and then just wired up every wire it had (very few). Car side I'm good to go I have every pin there, just trying to work out what to do with two mysterious wires, namely a smaller red one and a second grey / black cable but with a bigger amount of black so I'm guessing BK/GY, but can't find any mention of it.

This is what I'm down to - https://prnt.sc/ky68fx

I've been referencing this from this forum - https://www.vxoc.org.uk/Images/vxoc%20as...arness.jpg

Any help on what the last red and bk/gy could be would be appreciated.
Thanks for the reply, I've used the old adapter from original seat and only wired up the wires it had (very few), could do with some guidance on the remaining wires in terms of where to pin them, I've tried staying to the pin layout on page one but I have a couple of extra cables that I'm unsure what to do with, namely a small red one and an aditional BK/GY one which are not listed on the drivers side cable layout, so I'm unsure what they do or where to put them, however like I said I have all the pins car side so more than enough pins to accommodate, just don't know where to place them in the plug seat side.

https://prnt.sc/ky68fx

Ive been referencing this from another post too - https://www.vxoc.org.uk/Images/vxoc%20as...arness.jpg

Any guidance one what to do in regards to the mysterious two cables would be greatly appreciated! Excuse my temporary cabling I had ten mins before school run to get it up and running and wasn't sure how car would react to an unplugged drivers seat haha!

Cheers
Pin 11 Black/grey = Passenger Heated Seat NTC Low Reference

I can't find any refence to the red one but is it 1mm?

It could be pin 10 = Battery Positive Voltage (LUMBAR DRIVER-SEAT)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Iv got no rear fuse box so when looking in the connector under the drivers seat I’m missing most pins

Looks like iv got 10 and 13 for the lumbar support? Doe tha5 mean that will be plug and play?

As for the heated seats not sure whet I can do? Any ideas ? .
Hello.

I am currently driving Vauxhall Astra J Se Cdti 108 it's 2011

I have one question. As buying whole sets of leather seats to astra j is currently too expensive,

I come across good deal on used leather heated seats from Vauhall Mokka.

Will they fit and work? what you think?

I have the set of fuses in boot. also I bought the manual heating control unit.
Hello. I had heated seats retrofit so when i put them on the lumbar start working so that was a good sign. I ordered control panel aswell and after fitting heated seats buttons doesn't light up. I don't understand why. Must be plug and play. Any help please ?
(3:rd-Apr-2023, 20:41:45)johnny77 Wrote: Hello. I had heated seats retrofit so when i put them on the lumbar start working so that was a good sign. I ordered control panel aswell and after fitting heated seats buttons doesn't light up. I don't understand why. Must be plug and play. Any help please ?

Most likely missing the wiring for heated seats without looking it would be impossible to say.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Who read this thread?
18 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (11:th-Feb-2024, 19:54:32), daude (14:th-Apr-2023, 11:14:21), Qaranc (14:th-Apr-2023, 12:26:29), fratiee (2:nd-May-2023, 18:32:29), KKEVANSKK (19:th-Jun-2023, 11:31:09), milozic (30:th-Apr-2023, 20:02:17), Cozzer1990 (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:06:02), bill33 (4:th-Apr-2023, 23:05:46), Farkask14 (25:th-May-2023, 16:57:05), johnny77 (30:th-Apr-2023, 09:55:39), baicu (22:nd-Apr-2023, 10:35:46), dixy (18:th-Apr-2023, 05:43:03), Apotetyk (1:st-May-2023, 15:26:17), Lito4h (3:rd-Nov-2023, 14:35:07), plasma (24:th-Jan-2024, 19:57:49), STHOP (12:th-Dec-2023, 23:28:20), iNeoTom (28:th-Feb-2024, 08:15:40), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 06:58:27)