Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
exhaust sensor p2084 temperature gas

Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor P2084
Wonder if anyone can help me?

I have a 2013 Astra GTC with an ongoing problem where the car will drop to limp mode.
With a code reader it has shown that the problem is “P2084 - exhaust gas temperature sensor, circuit range/performance bank 1 Sensor 2”

I erase the codes, but they do not disappear from the unit completely (they still remain on the list, but cannot be read once erased) and the car will be fine for a few months before the car goes in to limp mode and I have to erase the codes again.

Last year I had a visit to Vauxhall who confirmed this was a known fault and updated the software. However, it failed to solve the problem – it just now happens less frequently.

I’ve ordered the sensor off ebay with part number (55566195) – does anyone know if this is the correct sensor?

Also, is it possible to erase the codes completely from the ECU, could that be a cause? Or will they disappear once the new sensor is fitted.

I’m trying to avoid a visit to Vauxhall as they will refuse to touch the car without a diagnostic.

Thank you in advance for any time/help.

All the best
Stew
This may help you
https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...pl_or_lpv/

In terms of vauxhall applying an update that is their favourite trick and to me a pointless one.

Only way to know if you've ordered the correct part is to know your reg/vin so it can be checked.

The codes will auto delete after 50 cycles fault free. other than that op-com http://www.op-com.co.uk/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thank you for the quick reply

There was a typo above - the part number I have ordered and hope will fix is 55566185

I have also just unpluged the above sensor, I then got the error code "P2033 - exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit high bank 1, sensor 2" 

If I unplug the sensor I have found underneath the car I get "P242D - exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit high bank 1, sensor 3" cannot find another sensor to see if that is sensor 1.

So I wonder if the exhaust gas temp circuit range / performance bank 1 sensor 2 and exhaust gas temp circuit high bank 1 sensor 2 are referring to the same sensor either not working or unplugged or different sensors entirely?? I hope it's the former, therefore the replacement may resolve my issue.

Also, how long or what is a single cycle?

A cycle is an ignition cycle so on start off. but I wouldn't I sit there and do 50 of them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi i know this is an old thread new on here just got a 2012 2.0diesel Gtc and have the P2033 code is it/could it be just change the swnsor or should i be looking else ware for issues my dpf was full but have managed i think to get it to clear
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
ABS sensor/ fault codes wrobsongtc 8 6,348 26:th-Mar-2021, 13:49:53
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Temperature gauge and engine shaking Abubokkor 3 2,530 23:rd-Aug-2020, 00:55:44
Last Post: Abubokkor
  Exhaust Gas Temperature too high bank 1 everson38 1 2,780 18:th-Feb-2020, 08:20:42
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J 1.7CDTi - Boost sensor location for Chipbox jason.dexter 8 6,798 4:th-Feb-2019, 14:40:25
Last Post: rlievens
  Gtc 1.6 cdti 136 fuel rail sensor location? harrykelly9 3 4,732 11:th-Nov-2018, 08:55:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Tpms sensor. Htid 5 5,702 21:st-Feb-2018, 20:43:06
Last Post: Htid

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Apotetyk (30:th-Apr-2023, 19:31:30)