Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hu?? which

Which HU??
Hello,

what are the differences between 

http://www.iceboxauto.com/astra-j-android-80-v5754

and 

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhallopel-c...oid-8-w072

Which would people suggest buying..?

Trying to find out information but they isn't much to go by..
The 2nd has wifi and is newer i think (don't quote me on the newer bit).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(6:th-Jan-2019, 15:42:17)Rusty2009 Wrote: The 2nd has wifi and is newer i think (don't quote me on the newer bit).

So stuck on which to get.. Like the WIFI thing is amassive bonus so I can connect my mobile hotspot up..
TBH I wouldn't personally recommend any of them but that's down to my own experience with these sort of units.

I've also had customers buy them pay me to fit them then within a week they want a factory Navi system fitted as they simply don't like them either.

On the other hand there are alot of people who do like them and not had an issue with them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(7:th-Jan-2019, 08:34:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: TBH I wouldn't personally recommend any of them but that's down to my own experience with these sort of units.

I've also had customers buy them pay me to fit them then within a week they want a factory Navi system fitted as they simply don't like them either.

On the other hand there are alot of people who do like them and not had an issue with them.

That comment has kinda thrown me off now. Like I want a different head unit as I have the standard CD400 without DAB, bluetooth or Navi..

(7:th-Jan-2019, 08:34:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: TBH I wouldn't personally recommend any of them but that's down to my own experience with these sort of units.

Really stuck on what to do.. I cannot physically go any longer with the default CD400, haha..
Sorry, I'm late to the party so you may have already purchased something now!  I too had the same conundrum that you did, I think with these two actual units as well.  If I remember correctly the main difference is the V5754 has double the RAM, other than that specification wise they are quite similar, they just obviously look slightly different.

In the end I went for the V5754 and I must admit I have not looked back.  Over the stock unit (CD400) I cannot express enough how nice it is to have stuff like Google Maps, Spotify or Deezer etc installed on the unit.

Rusty is right though, they are not for everyone as although once installed they look the part (as in the trim) they are not as 'snappy' as a factory unit.  However I have just installed a custom rom on mine which has improved things in this area.

Let me know if you need anymore info just in case you haven't made a decision yet?

Cheers
V5754 here, with custom Rom and Mcu. Improved sound and smoother with these.

I really like this unit. It's like a tablet, but compatible with your car keeping the oem look.

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 18:04:08)