Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
button eco

Eco Button
Hi, I have recently purchased a 2016 GTC 1.4T Limited Edition and loving it. The car does, however, appear to have a fault. The ECO button (start/stop) does not appear to function. The LED on the button does not light up and nothing appears on the dash. I have checked the fuse associated with the start / stop in the engine bay box and it is fine. Does anybody have any ideas? Ive googled the issue and it doesnt appear to be a common issue...
The button could be faulty or the LED's inside could have failed or another possible is it's been unplugged. Does the T/C button work ok?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(16:th-Nov-2018, 08:09:02)Rusty2009 Wrote: The button could be faulty or the LED's inside could have failed or another possible is it's been unplugged. Does the T/C button work ok?

No, I think the T/C button is also not functioning
Maybe someone fitted the button to fill in the blank space.

Is the car meant to have the SS system? Cheaper road tax often gives a clue that it does have SS as standard.
(16:th-Nov-2018, 13:50:59)Big Dave2 Wrote: Maybe someone fitted the button to fill in the blank space.

Is the car meant to have the SS system? Cheaper road tax often gives a clue that it does have SS as standard.
I am fairly certain that it does have S/S system. It has the square fuse under the bonnet that specifically relates to it and road tax is about £140 so in the cheaper bracket. It is the Limed Edition version so tricked out in terms of add-ons so I expect that the S/S may have even been a standard feature in the version. As replied to rusty, the TC button also does not appear to work so maybe it is a related issue...
First thing I would do is remove the radio fascia and check it's plugged in it has a separate plug.

Doe's you rev counter have auto/stop on it? If so you have S/S.

Follow the first part of this to get the buttons off.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...en-removal
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yes it has Auto Stop on the rev counter.

Thanks for the helpful advice and fascia removal instructions. I will take a look and report back.

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (22:nd-Jun-2023, 21:52:41), Jnny (2:nd-Dec-2023, 16:31:11), caneiv (9:th-Apr-2024, 11:01:29)