Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
has got my dementia? car

Has my car got dementia?
After reading the manual it appears that my car should remember the last radio station (personalised key function). But every time I get in, it tunes into Classic FM, now I'm not against classical music, in fact I quite enjoy it, but why doesn't it remember my favourites? I've tried both keys but can't seem to get it to remember the last station.

What am I doing wrong???
  Growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional 
I've noticed mine does this every once and while (on DAB+), never really thought much about other than maybe signal was a bit weak and it's changed to next available.

Could be worth checking fuse 20 in the glove-box fuse-board iirc that is the one that is linked radio memory.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'd agree with Rusty, mine often picks random stations when set on DAB+, but both my Astras seem ok on FM
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Thanks for the input, I'll try on FM and see what it's like and also check the fuse. Again cheers.
(1:st-Nov-2018, 21:57:44)Martz66 Wrote: After reading the manual it appears that my car should remember the last radio station (personalised key function). But every time I get in, it tunes into Classic FM, now I'm not against classical music, in fact I quite enjoy it, but why doesn't it remember my favourites? I've tried both keys but can't seem to get it to remember the last station.

What am I doing wrong???

Have you checked the driver preference settings? This will change back to what ever has been setup. Including radio stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Chris, I thought the driver's preferences were automatically assigned to the key being used. I have noticed that if I leave the car on a DAB station when I get back in some time later it reverts to FM. This only happens when I leave the car over night, if I just pop into a shop for example it stays on DAB.
I’ll have a play with mine as I don’t have any issues at all. I think the longest I’ve left my car and not used it was around 3 weeks and it still started up on DAB on the same station.

Thanks Chris, appreciate it.
I’ve not forgotten, I’m running a test tonight and if I’m correct my stereo will start up in DAB. At present it’s in FM but I’ve messed around with driver comfort settings. If I’m right it is a driver comfort setting. I’ll update this tomorrow when I check the stereo.

Ok so it didn’t do what I thought it would.

(5:th-Nov-2018, 19:52:13)Chris_B Wrote:
(1:st-Nov-2018, 21:57:44)Martz66 Wrote: After reading the manual it appears that my car should remember the last radio station (personalised key function). But every time I get in, it tunes into Classic FM, now I'm not against classical music, in fact I quite enjoy it, but why doesn't it remember my favourites? I've tried both keys but can't seem to get it to remember the last station.

What am I doing wrong???

Have you checked the driver preference settings?   This will change back to what ever has been setup.  Including radio stations.

(10:th-Nov-2018, 22:28:41)Chris_B Wrote: Ok so it didn’t do what I thought it would.  

Thanks for trying Chris