Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to lights door how ambient

How to ambient door lights
Thanks mate ill have to check them when they arrive
Hi guys!

I have a plan to add some ambient light to the rear doors.
Do you maybe know if is there already any cable (prepararation for electric windows)? I have manual windows.
Car is Estate 2013.

Thanks!
(30:th-Dec-2017, 23:45:22)Dooks Wrote: Hi guys!

Do you maybe know if is there already any cable (prepararation for electric windows)? I have manual windows.
Car is Estate 2013.

Thanks!

The car I just did had all the wiring body side for rear electrics.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Dobrý den,    toto je mé " domácí" osvětlení.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYMsjBEkz-Q&t=5s

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

i have in plan something lake this. Only for rear door. In front there is already ambient light, so that part i dont wont to touch.

I will buy this, and put in rear:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Car-LED-Int...1438.l2649

Maybe in future in front to...
(31:st-Dec-2017, 08:47:46)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(30:th-Dec-2017, 23:45:22)Dooks Wrote: Hi guys!

Car is Estate 2013.

Thanks!

The car I just did had all the wiring body side for rear electrics.

Hi,

Where were cables hidden?
Behind rear speakers maybe or somewhere else?

Thanks!
Thanks for this guide, just done my doors, strangely they did have the LEDs already in the door panel but no wiring typical Vauxhall!

So now have two door LEDs spare, would add get some door panel clips before doing this as I broke three 1 green two blue one's, why on earth they would but two different types on it.........

I cut them and used small connectors and then long wires and two female connectors on the LED end....works a treat now.

I thought they would go off like the interior lights would, do they from the factory or are they meant to stay on same as the gear stick surround?

Anyway grand job of the guide, I would not have done this without it.

Now to do the footwells and the boot.......
Using this guide I fitted led's to the footwells and boot, found it easier to take the feed from the roof lights, now fade with the interior lights cool, much brighter than the pics show.

Hi,

First of all thanks for your time..
Could you post all the pictures again?
Some of then ara invisible or not focused.

Thanks
Hey guys, some questions on the pins as I switched my door wiring and I'm having some issues.
I'm comparing my old wiring with the pinouts here and for the driver side the labeled wire isn't yellow it's red/brown and it's routed to pin 7 on the door connector which should be Battery positive instead of being pin 26 LED Backlight dimming control. I found pin 26 to be routed only to the mirror controler.
On the passenger side the wire is yellow, but routed to pin 31 which makes no sense at all.

Does anyone have an idea how this is routed exactly? It could help me with understanding issues with the new wiring I put inside for the power fold mirrors
(11:th-Nov-2020, 22:51:30)_Mita Wrote: Hey guys, some questions on the pins as I switched my door wiring and I'm having some issues.
I'm comparing my old wiring with the pinouts here and for the driver side the labeled wire isn't yellow it's red/brown and it's routed to pin 7 on the door connector which should be Battery positive instead of  being pin 26 LED Backlight dimming control. I found pin 26 to be routed only to the mirror controler.
On the passenger side the wire is yellow, but routed to pin 31 which makes no sense at all.

Does anyone have an idea how this is routed exactly? It could help me with understanding issues with the new wiring I put inside for the power fold mirrors

What's posted here is really for the UK cars although mostly the same there are some differences.

You would really need to get wiring specific for your country.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks for the answer Rusty.
I expected some differences, but many things that I have checked up until now are the same. No luck here it seems.
(13:th-Nov-2020, 16:13:35)_Mita Wrote: Thanks for the answer Rusty.
I expected some differences, but many things that I have checked up until now are the same. No luck here it seems.

Try pin 26.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yes, that worked as expected, thanks!
LEDs work now. Just one note is that pin 26 isn't routed to the window controller on the driver side, but to the mirror controller, so just needed to splice there
Can the colour of the ambient lighting in the doors and geer stick be changed?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  how to install FOOT WELL LIGHTS tucpal 136 71,284 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:00:17
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Super Bright Boot Lights sheppy1 26 17,764 12:th-Nov-2020, 17:54:59
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  how too AMBIENT LIGHT AROUND THE GEAR GATOR tucpal 165 90,243 15:th-Oct-2020, 06:59:05
  Projector HID retro fit Astra j 5 door tucpal 88 59,366 4:th-Jun-2020, 09:01:15
  HOW-TO LED DRL Error free for the Astra-J 5 door tucpal 217 125,467 21:st-Sep-2019, 10:01:53
  How to fit courtesy lights in mirrors kyle-astra-j 21 16,184 18:th-Feb-2018, 06:15:13
Last Post: Leigh0274
  Upgrading Fog lights on J 5 door GarethMyers14 4 8,001 17:th-Nov-2017, 02:25:38
Last Post: sanj424
  How to Puddle Lights Rusty2009 22 20,034 6:th-Nov-2017, 20:16:44
Last Post: zzattack
  HOW TO LED TAIL LIGHTS tucpal 31 22,196 24:th-Oct-2017, 12:29:02
Last Post: Grimo72
  how to upgrade interior lights to SMD LED tucpal 91 47,758 2:nd-Aug-2016, 13:42:21

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 18:57:26), Rosen Popov (12:th-Sep-2023, 16:40:43), exhippykev (27:th-Jun-2023, 22:04:51), syntetx (9:th-Dec-2023, 18:34:12)