Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
what does add? “plus” cd400 the plus

CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add?
Hi folks,

Pretty much what the title says...

I’m about to collect a 2015 SRI GTC next week. It has a CD400 Plus stereo fitted which gives DAB but not Bluetooth.

I’m struggling to find what additional features the Plus model has over the standard CD400 stereo. Even the online user manuals don’t explain any extras.

Do any experts on here know the differences?

Also, I’m looking to add the Bluetooth module (from Ray Smith in Dunbar, Scotland). They also provide OEM parking sensors which SWMBO desperately wants. Looking at their website it’s £430, including painted sensors (where required). Is this reasonable for the parts?

I can fit the BT module myself but the sensors I’d rather have fitted by a professional. What’s a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help.

Gordy
Mine gives bluetooth but no dab???
CD400+ gives USB over the standard CD400.

I do sell CD400 with BT module and wiring as kits.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Cd400-with-BT-kit

I've heard some mixed reviews on the raysmith BT.

I've not heard of there sensors before but I would always recommend factory fitted which can be retrofitted, or like others buy a cheap set off ebay.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-Oct-2018, 06:49:45)Rusty2009 Wrote: CD400+ gives USB over the standard CD400.
This is weird.. mine has no usb either.  I have an aux port but no usb port.. I have Bluetooth no Dab.  Can I retrofit (get someone to do it) both Dab and usb?
I “think” I’ve managed to get a reasonable price eventually.

£305 which is the BT module and rear parking sensors. A straightforward plug and play as they will be coded to the car.

I can fit the BT module and I’ll have the rear parking sensors fitted professionally. Everything works with the OEM display, though I’m sure that’s the radio display, not the driver’s display.

That will hopefully keep SWMBO happy.

Thanks for everyone’s help.
(8:th-Oct-2018, 21:36:30)GordyC Wrote: Hi folks,

Pretty much what the title says...

I’m about to collect a 2015 SRI GTC next week. It has a CD400 Plus stereo fitted which gives DAB but not Bluetooth.

I’m struggling to find what additional features the Plus model has over the standard CD400 stereo. Even the online user manuals don’t explain any extras.

Do any experts on here know the differences?

Also, I’m looking to add the Bluetooth module (from Ray Smith in Dunbar, Scotland). They also provide OEM parking sensors which SWMBO desperately wants. Looking at their website it’s £430, including painted sensors (where required). Is this reasonable for the parts?

I can fit the BT module myself but the sensors I’d rather have fitted by a professional. What’s a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help.

Gordy

My 2012 GTC has a CD400, and it has a USB input, a 3.5mm Aux input Jack and DAB radio. It all works great.
There are a couple of versions of the cd400+

One has built in BT with audio streaming, USB & DAB+.

The other has just USB but the following can be added DAB & BT (no audio streaming).

Then there is the standard cd400 which the following can be added to, USB, DAB & BT (no audio streaming).

Most GTC's seem to come with standard cd400 with DAB & USB fitted as standard.

In terms of retrofitting it works out far cheaper to fit the AIO cd400+ than it does buying all modules brackets (custom made looms where needed).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hi 
last year I got a cd400 upgrade from rusty giving me BT and DAB this year I fitted the front radio controls for a 400 plus. My next job is to fit the calearo shark fin weather permitting. my question is is it worth upgrading the DAB module to a DAB+ module or would I not gain anything. thanks
Ii would advise not to waste any money on the CD400.
It does not sound very good.
Rather you would be better replacing the fascia and fitting a Can Bus adaptor and a Pioneer stereo head unit.
This would give you everything you want but with high quality audio.
(7:th-Nov-2020, 02:08:01)Qaranc Wrote: Hi 
last year I got a cd400 upgrade from rusty giving me BT and DAB this year I fitted the front radio controls for a 400 plus. My next job is to fit the calearo shark fin weather permitting. my question is is it worth upgrading the DAB module to a DAB+ module or would I not gain anything. thanks

You would a few more stations which moved over to DAB+ & no longer stream on DAB.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD400 usb and aux not responding ste88 6 1,989 22:nd-Aug-2021, 18:16:19
Last Post: ste88
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 112,831 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  ad usb to cd400 Collie 5 3,569 9:th-Oct-2020, 16:56:47
Last Post: Collie
  GTC BT CD400+ ac1212 1 2,960 18:th-May-2020, 09:51:39
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,472 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  CD400 upgrade Astra vxr 2014 Nathan 6 4,750 22:nd-Oct-2019, 20:13:14
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra SRi CDTI VX Line - CD400 Upgrade options AdaKer 3 3,907 13:th-Aug-2019, 06:48:28
Last Post: Schiffers
  CD400 FAULTY kjohns80 2 3,726 7:th-May-2019, 11:05:06
Last Post: Big Dave2
basic CD400 looking for more NEATH-LAD 2 4,391 8:th-Jan-2019, 16:23:12
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400, in meriva B, mid-speed can-bus off, wont allow can learn gazz292 3 4,934 28:th-Apr-2018, 08:34:44
Last Post: Jpbroad1970