Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cd500 lock theft anti

CD500 Anti-Theft Lock

Hi all ,

I am in the process of retrofitting a CD500 to my Astra GTC and need a little help.

I think I have managed to get it wired up so the controls and screen come up, but it's displaying the anti-theft protection lock, I believe from forums it can be re-programmed? Does anyone know anywhere nearish kent that can do it ?  or do we think Vauxhall might be able to do it? 

It has come out of a scrapped Astra J 2012 plate, going into my 62 plate GTC, replacing my CD400 , I have DAB and USB already and not worried about the navigation and I think the Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP music anyway so not bothered about that so I don't think  I need to re-program the VCI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

David
A dealer wouldn't do this and they wouldn't know how to.

I'm in Bournemouth and there is @jpbroad1970 in kettering.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
As Russell says the 2 of us really
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(6:th-Sep-2018, 20:07:55)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: As Russell says the 2 of us reall
Thanks , 

@jpbroad1970  I actually passing Kettering next week, but not in my car, I can bring the unit alone? how long does it take to re-programme? and how much do you think it will cost?  

@Rusty2009 literally just pm'd you the same question ..sorry , looks like its either Kettering or a trip to Bournemouth :  where will the misses want to be taken too haha
If I understand right these need to be programmed in your car. Don't think they can be done out of your vehicle like some.
Yes programmed in the vehicle.

The cost my end would be £70 if it programs up without VCI.
If a VCI is needed it would mean 2 visits and the cost would be £220.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(7:th-Sep-2018, 07:06:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: Yes programmed in the vehicle.

The cost my end would be £70 if it programs up without VCI.
If a VCI is needed it would mean 2 visits and the cost would be £220.

i would charge the same , would be fingers crossed VCI not needed but not always the case and you cant tell till you do it.
@rusty2009 thanks again for getting my head unit up and running

I think I have to spend more time on the wiring as I seem to have a issue when I turn the music up on a bass heavy track the screen cuts flickers on and off ? But is fine when you turn it down , or there's limited bass 

I have a parrot system on a harness on there , do you think it's a power problem ?   there's not enough with all the stuff I have going on?  

I spliced the cable in pin 43 for the screen and to get the fm working ? But now I'm thinking I should use pin 37 for the fm amp ? 

Any ideas are greatly appreciated
More than welcome mate.

Could be a bad display cable.

Power should be an issue but I would advise no fitting factory BT module the units all ready for it.

Pin43 is the correct wire.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD500 problem AlanMac 3 3,405 21:st-Sep-2017, 16:06:46
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (2:nd-Apr-2023, 00:12:57), LindsayMerrick (18:th-Feb-2024, 07:57:11)