Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problems idle

Idle problems
Had this problem for a while , it’s the 1.7 110 sports tourer .
Basically the revs move up and down at idle and vibrates , it’s like a weird heart beat but feels like it’s about to stall every time it drops
Anybody know why it does it , had full service couple month back but done it for ages
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.7cdti are common for the suction control valve to cause engine surging.
(24:th-Jul-2018, 09:17:33)stigeye Wrote: 1.7cdti are common for the suction control valve to cause engine surging.

I have heard this is it a hard job to do

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(28:th-Jul-2018, 08:35:35)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Wow thanks that’s exactly same as ours , just to clear will I need to tech 2 I got lost at end of vid

Only if it's showing a high reading on fuel while on tick over
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(28:th-Jul-2018, 14:32:08)Rusty2009 Wrote: Only if it's showing a high reading on fuel while on tick over

U mean fuel consumption? I don’t have the inst fuel display on mine so I won’t know what it’s using , or do u mean the fuel gauge going down more than normal thanks rusty

(28:th-Jul-2018, 14:47:55)Nick_the_arab Wrote:
(28:th-Jul-2018, 14:32:08)Rusty2009 Wrote: Only if it's showing a high reading on fuel while on tick over

U mean fuel consumption? I don’t have the inst fuel display on mine so I won’t know what it’s using , or do u mean the fuel gauge going down more than normal thanks rusty

Yes instant fuel on dash. ah you have basic display?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(29:th-Jul-2018, 08:09:09)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(28:th-Jul-2018, 14:47:55)Nick_the_arab Wrote:

Yes instant fuel on dash. ah you have basic display?

Yeah mate I have Opcom for my veccy but could never get the vauxcom to work so couldn’t activate the range or if it’s possible I don’t know

What version op-com are you using?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(30:th-Jul-2018, 07:42:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: What version op-com are you using?

Not sure but furby on here put it on remotely I can check tonight

(30:th-Jul-2018, 07:42:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: What version op-com are you using?

this is my Opcom rusty I haven’t used used it on the Astra yet but could this activate the fuel consumption do u think ?
Thanks again mate

Yes it should do it's the version I used.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help, strange problems. Richiew1986 8 2,984 27:th-Jul-2021, 21:29:12
Last Post: Richiew1986
  DPF problems cold weather 1.7 cdti 110 hp A17DTE seekar 1 2,096 19:th-Dec-2020, 22:27:52
Last Post: Kiel0777
  1.6 CDTI engine problems ? Loddy Jeff 1 7,401 17:th-Aug-2017, 08:36:49
Last Post: Jerry