Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
wonky behaviour other lighting and

Wonky lighting and other behaviour
Sooooooo

Shortly after taking broom broom for an AC recharge, my stereo went wonky as hell. Changing stations, source, you name it.

The following ride, the stereo behaved (and has done since) but the steering wheel controls for the stereo stopped working.

The next ride and the ICE was fine.

Buuutttt... Check left DRL pops up.

Swap it out.... It's working... For two starts. It goes out. A thump on the lamp unit & it lights up.

This has been the behaviour for a while, sometimes dipped beam also not working, others it works fine whilst del doesnt.

Today, del left & right flagging up.

Can anyone tell me:

1) have you seen this before & the solution(s)?

2) fuses to check?

3) relays to check?

Google suggests earthing problem, which with the lamp thump may be true, the thump just connecting it again, so in addition, anyone know where the ground points to check are?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I’ve had similar issues with my DRL’s when I first went to LED’s,
they kept on going on then off switching sides. It turned out to be dodgy LED’s and was solved with new ones.
I know this is probably not much help but I’d start by trying different bulbs then take it from there.
Seems strange how the problem started after a re-gas as they wouldn’t be near anything electrical??
Hope you get it sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers mate.

I first pulled the new ones I fitted in October, swapped back to the originals as i still had them.

Checked all of them with a multimeter, running good.

Hoping to start pulling and checking the fuses and relays.

My one thought of the re-charge is if they connected something to an earth point and dislodged/damaged the point inadvertently.

It's most likely coincidence, but damn it's a good one if it is, talking hours apart to first symptom.

I now seem to be down both side lights permanently.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Your ground points for the lights will be in the engine bay there are some by rad by passenger headlight. there is also some by the air filter.

in the car there is a fair few one is behind the glove-box on the big metal bar there are some behind the kick panel bottom of doors.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lighting power issue phlyer 1 2,285 10:th-May-2023, 23:41:47
Last Post: phlyer
  Lighting problem on exit AlanMac 17 8,229 27:th-Nov-2017, 12:46:03
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Bulbs and lighting upgrades for Astra J and GTC - complete list for reference Rusty2009 71 70,578 25:th-Sep-2017, 07:23:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Ambient Lighting Davidog1994 4 5,399 22:nd-Sep-2017, 07:05:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra j gtc sri lighting problem Quinniain 44 21,377 22:nd-Feb-2016, 10:26:05
Last Post: Quinniain
  lighting again stevie_d 17 11,021 11:th-Feb-2016, 20:17:45
Last Post: cornishtaz