Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lincolnshire hello north from

Hello from North Lincolnshire
Hi

Just joined the site to look round the forum for advice on the Astra GTC. Not looking to buy one until next year, but thought I would get clued up on any issues or what to look for. I will probably go for a 1.4 or 1.6 petrol turbo limited edition. Also looking at Cascadas, but not too many around and prices are a bit higher. Any GTC buying advice gratefully received. Always been a Vauxhall fan and the wife currently has an Insignia Tourer Elite. I think I got the Vauxhall bug because my dad had a nice HB Viva when I was old enough to start getting into cars.

List of Vauxhals I have owned or had as company cars below. Currently I have an Audi A6 company car but looking to pack in next year, hence need a smallish but fun car.

Vauxhall list
5 x Viva HC (one an estate, still think that one looked more like a coupe)
Magnum 1800 with go faster stripes and vinyl roof (loved that one)
2 x cavalier 1600 Mk1
Opel Ascona 1600 Mk1
Nova saloon
Astra A
Astra B
Vectra Mk1
Vectra Mk2
Calibra 2.0L
Tigra twintop
Insignia Tourer Elite

I look forward to joining in the forum and getting advice when the time comes to pick up a car.

Regards
Andy
Welcome to VXOC.

The big issues on the 1.4 & 1.6 is the M32 gearbox. You may also find fuel consumption high.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I would go for at least a 1.7 or 2.0 Diesel, I had a 1.7 SRI astra 5 door remapped from 130bhp to 168bhp with the M32 gearbox & that drove ok, I have got now a GTC 2.0 Biturbo with a F40 gearbox which seems a sturdier gearbox, fuel consumption is roughly the same for both cars.
Welcome to the forum

2.0cdti all the way in my opinion
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Welcome mate
I’m another one in the 2.0cdti camp!!
Check out the torque figures between the 1.6 turbo petrol compared to the 2.0cdti
169 ft/lb petrol
258 ft/lb diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys and sorry for the delay, beenoff line for the past little while. Appreciate the replies.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New north east member goldenwonder 3 3,040 26:th-Mar-2019, 23:57:21
Last Post: vladarr
  Hello from up north Ste Sleds 5 5,077 24:th-Dec-2014, 01:02:47
Last Post: Dewie93
  North East newbie Thegraham1 5 5,163 24:th-Nov-2014, 21:19:46
Last Post: Thegraham1