Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
detected aux device not

Aux device not detected

Good morning, new user here.

I have a 2012 GTC wich has an irritating problem with the 3.5mm aux input.  Searching the interwebs I have not found anyone with the same issue, yet alone a solution so thought I would sign up and ask the question.

Using the 3.5mm aux input there is often a delay in it detecting that anything has been connected, sometimes it works straight away, but rarely.  
More often, what happens is that once I connect a a device and start playing music through it I am greeted with silence, this normally lasts around 1-5 minutes.  Eventually a message will be displayed saying 'device not detected' and the system will then automatically switch the source over to the radio.  A couple more seconds pass, the device is recognised, the system switches itself back to aux input and it plays correctly.  On some occasions this period of not being able to detect a device has reached around an hour!

Once it is working, if I stop the car, no matter how briefly, 9 times out of 10 the same problem occurs.  Very rarely it reconnects straight away.

It has done this since new, but only recently have I been wanting to use my phone as the music source so had ignored it until now.  I have tired all sorts of combinations of unplugging and inserting the aux lead, turning the entertainment system off and on, but it has no effect.  I'm fairly confident that there s no issue with the aux socket, it seems more of a software fault within the entertainment system.

Has anyone experienced similar?
It could be aux socket it could be the aux lead you are using or the phone.

It could also be a software issue or a wiring issue.

What audio system do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.