Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fault codes sensor abs

ABS sensor/ fault codes

Had service ESP warning light come on, the TC light and ABS light came on.

I've had the codes read, one was drivers side front ABS wheel speed sensor and the other was for ABS pump.

Got both cleared and esp warning came back on straight away from leaving the garage, I have changed the sensor now and had 4 hours of warning light free driving today .

However the ESP warning has come back on, I've not had it back to have the codes cleared since the sensor was changed, is it required or am I looking at something else being the issue as I doubt another sensor has gone.

Cheers,

Will
I had to replace the hub on mine behind the hub is a metal ring this broke and damaged the hub and sensor.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(8:th-Jun-2018, 07:49:24)Rusty2009 Wrote: I had to replace the hub on mine behind the hub is a metal ring this broke and damaged the hub and sensor.

that could be it, the old sensor was a bit chewed up from the looks of it.

Would the offending metal ring be included in a wheel hub kit usually ?
No it’s separate.

But I was advised afterwards not to fit the washer as it will only brake again & it’s not really needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably price fault code reader. Abs sensor has gone. Need to find out which one.
http://www.op-com.co.uk/store/c1/Featured_Products.html Don't buy cheaper from ebay or other sellers.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers lad.
Hi pal I have a 2013 Astra I had the esp light on after plugging in computer it stated front left wheel speed sensor I changed this and it’s back on with same fault do you have any ideas
As rusty says in post 2 wheel bearing or it could be wiring fault.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor P2084 bagnallman 4 7,945 2:nd-Sep-2021, 08:17:51
Last Post: geoffsnook
  Astra J 1.7CDTi - Boost sensor location for Chipbox jason.dexter 8 6,591 4:th-Feb-2019, 14:40:25
Last Post: rlievens
  Gtc 1.6 cdti 136 fuel rail sensor location? harrykelly9 3 4,532 11:th-Nov-2018, 08:55:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Tpms sensor. Htid 5 5,526 21:st-Feb-2018, 20:43:06
Last Post: Htid
  Fault code DTC P2458 Starie 6 8,816 20:th-Jul-2016, 17:06:38
Last Post: Starie

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
mc92661 (13:th-Sep-2023, 20:34:57)