Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
new car

New Car
Hi

I had a Astra 1.7 Sri 62 plate model which only had aftermarket front & rear parking sensors & front & rear mudfIaps, I did further modifications to the car with Rusty 2009 who knowledge & helpfulness is second to none, which included electric rear windows, front heated & rear leather seats, IPC upgrade, engine remap to 160 bhp, illuminated gear stick, pioneer avic-f88 dab, interior LED lights, I was going to have the rear windows tinted & the rear reflectors change to rear foglights with an added rear reversing light, however my car was written off so another car I was after.

I saw two Astras one being a plate 2.0 elite or a Astra 2.0 GTC Biturbo, only one choice for me really, as I live in Portsmouth & the car was at the car dealers in Leeds, I put a deposit down on the car immediately on the Friday & picked the car up on the Monday, really impressed with the car, however I wasn't impressed with the car vision system which couldn't handle the Infinity sound speakers & didn't have a patch on my Pioneer so I changed back to my Pioneer avic-f88 dab, only modifications so far being IPC menu upgrade which Rusty did the programming, specfications are far to many to mention but I will put pictures up of the car as soon as I figure out how to download pictures.
Email me the pics and I’ll put them on the sever for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(7:th-Jun-2018, 15:04:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: Email me the pics and I’ll put them on the sever for you.

Many Thanks Rusty
marktourino
(7:th-Jun-2018, 15:04:37)Rusty2009 Wrote: Email me the pics and I’ll put them on the sever for you.

Many Thanks Rusty

Nice looking car you’ve got there mate

(8:th-Jun-2018, 10:11:00)marktourino Wrote:

Thankyou Sparkyscfc74 & thankyou Rusty2009 for putting the picture up for me
What plans have you got for it?

I would like power folding mirrors, an additional reversing light, the rear fog lights would be in the rear reflectors, I am tempted by a remap but at present there is enough power there for time being, Heko wind defectors, VXR full leather seats, do like the factory fitted Navi system, LED Regeneration light, factory fitted front parking sensors or front sensors that work of the canbus, did have a vehicle identification check for equipment & some of the goods are, vehicle have got LED rear lights, LED DRL, wire up my pioneer to the dab antenna,I do believe that my headlights are a premium forward lighting pack which Rusty 2009 knows more about them than me, apart that not much else
I think that’s adding up quite a bit with what you’ve listed
One of my favourite mods I’ve done is the pedal box, totally transformed the drive along with the short shifter

I had quite a bit of work done by Rusty on my Astra Sri & was due to have my rear reflectors & reversing light done but the car was written off by the insurance company for paint damage which to repair would had been £4500 at least, did look at Astra Elite but when I saw this car, knew that I had to have it, travelled up from Portsmouth to Leeds to pick it up, short shifter & pedal box sounds good
Them seats tho   

Guess the finish off of Dash cam went ok
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Yes the dashcam works a treat at least all the wires are tucked away, had the wheel arch & part of the side panel resprayed this afternoon by a company called Revive after my poor scrape with the wall, they have done a fantastic job, I do have the pictures of before & after but I be damned if I can upload them, you know that you got first dabs on the seats when I do eventually find some VXR seats.
The 2 tone leather seats are far better than the cloth version with the tyre track down it!!
I’d love a full leather interior but they go for stupid money especially for the GTC!!

I do see on ebay that they sometime have the Black leather GTC seats for sale at a fair price but not too often, just a pity that the Astra Elite seats are incompatible but saying that couldn't the subframes be changed over or modified ?
(8:th-Jun-2018, 20:41:03)marktourino Wrote: I do see on ebay that they sometime have the Black leather GTC seats for sale at a fair price but not too often, just a pity that the Astra Elite seats are incompatible but saying that couldn't the subframes be changed over ?

Just priced some up off eBay from a breaker selling them separate, totals up at £495 but by the time I can afford after my holiday you know they’ll be gone.

You never know they still could be waiting there for you at the breakers fingers cross, main thing is to have a good holiday.
Send the pic's i'll get them uploaded and add for you.

I got a set of cascada seats for mine full leather heated got the set quite cheap ideal for GTC, but the bolsters weren't as big as mine and that put me off spending the time making the modification needed for the seat belt pretension to fit.

So you could look into cascada seats for the front, not worth what they want due to the issues but.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Casc...SwmCVZAMQu
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Jun-2018, 07:13:55)Rusty2009 Wrote: Send the pic's i'll get them uploaded and add for you.

I got a set of cascada seats for mine full leather heated got the set quite cheap ideal for GTC, but the bolsters weren't as big as mine and that put me off spending the time making the modification needed for the seat belt pretension to fit.

So you could look into cascada seats for the front, not worth what they want due to the issues but.

Yeah I like the look of the seats it’s just what I’d do for the rear?

(9:th-Jun-2018, 08:16:52)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(9:th-Jun-2018, 07:13:55)Rusty2009 Wrote: Send the pic's i'll get them uploaded and add for you.

Yeah I like the look of the seats it’s just what I’d do for the rear?

Rear you could hold out for a set of gtc ones, or the cascada ones may even fit the GTC but it would then become a 4 seater.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Had the GTC just over three months now & modifications so far are Navi 950 with reversing camera, power folding mirrors, additional menus on the IPC, illuminated gear stick, personalised number plate & full leather VXR seats. still got a couple of mods to do which includes a short shifter, still can't download the pictures to show as I wouldn't have a clue how to get the pictures to upload.
(11:th-Sep-2018, 20:59:30)marktourino Wrote: Had the GTC just over three months now & modifications so far are Navi 950 with reversing camera, power folding mirrors, additional menus on the IPC, illuminated gear stick, personalised number plate & full leather VXR seats. still got a couple of mods to do which includes a short shifter, still can't download the pictures to show as I wouldn't have a clue how to get the pictures to upload.

Sounds good mate will be nice to see your pictures buddy, you could try installing Tapatalk on your phone it’s very easy to post your pictures on there

Many thanks Sparky I will give Tapatalk a go & see what happens.

Got on Tapatalk & I did download some pictures but nothing on this site as of yet.
I bet that BiTurbo pulls nice.

Will you need to remove the gear stick to install the short shifter? Or is it the type that goes on top of the transmission?
(11:th-Sep-2018, 22:26:46)Hydrolock Wrote: I bet that BiTurbo pulls nice.

Will you need to remove the gear stick to install the short shifter? Or is it the type that goes on top of the transmission?

Hi Hydrolock
It the one that that goes on the top of the trasmission & yes she does pull quite nicely.
Ladies & Gents

Just a question of how do link the tapatalk app to this forum as I have downloaded the tapatalk app to my computer but being an old man leaves a bit bewilded with this modern stuff.
(12:th-Sep-2018, 08:35:50)marktourino Wrote: Ladies & Gents

Just a question of how do link the tapatalk app to this forum as I have downloaded the tapatalk app to my computer but being an old man leaves a bit bewilded with this modern stuff.

Not done it on a computer mate just on a phone sorry.

I will give i t a go on my work's phone (andoroid) as my own phone is ia microsoft.
Must admit I've never used it on a PC.

send the pic's over if you want mate & I'll get them added on for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:01)