Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cdti cambelt 2 2011

Cambelt - 2.0 CDTI, 2011
Hey folks,

Been looking into this for a while and some conflicting information from Vauxhall Garages.

Was always under the impression from the garages information that:
- Astra 2.0 CDTI was 60k or 6 years
- Insignia 2.0 CDTI was 100k or 10 years
(whichever comes first).

Anyway, now im at stage where im defiantly looking to get it done, and Vauxhall have apparently revised it for both engines to 100k or 6 years, whichever comes first. I rang up HQ to check and this is what they advised.

Question is, does it REALLY need doing at 6 years??

I know its a pig if the belt goes as engine is goosed, but im just curios.

Thanks.
(5:th-Jun-2018, 13:52:39)Vx-Mad-G Wrote: Hey folks,

Been looking into this for a while and some conflicting information from Vauxhall Garages.

Was always under the impression from the garages information that:
- Astra 2.0 CDTI was 60k or 6 years
- Insignia 2.0 CDTI was 100k or 10 years
(whichever comes first).

Anyway, now im at stage where im defiantly looking to get it done, and Vauxhall have apparently revised it for both engines to 100k or 6 years, whichever comes first. I rang up HQ to check and this is what they advised.

Question is, does it REALLY need doing at 6 years??

I know its a pig if the belt goes as engine is goosed, but im just curios.

Thanks.

My Astra has done 64000 and will be 6 years old next month, I wouldn’t think that once it hits 6 years it’s going to be at loads more risk of breaking than it was at 5 years old but I suppose Vauxhall have got to cover themselves the same as any other Manufactuer?
With that said, it is on my list for this year as I wouldn’t want the repair bill if it went

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno about the 2.0
but my 1.6 petrol was done at 6 years old (only 48,000miles!!)
I was told that the astra H was 100,000 or 10yrs, and that Vx had changed it for the J
it applied to all models even those with same engine types
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Is the waterpump powered by the cambelt?

I know on earlier Vauxhalls, although the cambelt was usually capable of lasting 'x' years or 'x' miles, the waterpump or cambelt tensioner wasn't.

I can remember it reduced to 40,000 or 4 yrs on some of the older Vauxhalls, whereas it was once upon a time 80,000 miles or 8 years. Mainly because of the waterpump and tensioner prematurely wearing out.
Im toy'ing with just getting it done, as said, wouldnt want to snapping on me.
Strange though, how a car could have done 20k or 120k but would be due after 6 years. That just doesnt make sense to me.
Rubber degrades over time dirt dust water hot cold etc so I would just follow the service list and do it at 6yrs or 4yrs like Haynes recommended.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
What make are you guys going for when buying timing belt/water pump kits?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka
I used genuine GM parts.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks Rusty. May I ask where you buy them from?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka
When I got my kit I got it from a start up company at a really good price, but you can get parts from the dealers GPS autovaux or even ebay you just have to be careful on ebay.

GPS = genuinepartsearch https://www.genuinepartsearch.co.uk/
Autovaux https://www.autovaux.co.uk/
Both the same company but both have different pricing.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cambelt change interval? Boroboy 3 10,402 28:th-Mar-2017, 13:23:42
Last Post: stigeye
  Fault Code P24AC 1.7 CDTI bubble12 1 5,460 27:th-Jun-2016, 23:09:01
Last Post: Rusty2009