Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
rough running car

Car running rough
Hi there, ive got a problem with my 1.4T that I cant get my head around!

Starts fine, but when i pull off and start driving it:
- sounds like its running on 3 cylinders
- idles rough when i pull up
- hardly any power when accelerating

Ive replaced the coil pack and the spark plugs but still no joy. Cant find any obvious vaccum leak either! Its driving me nuts anybody have an idea?
(14:th-May-2018, 12:34:35)Jake Wrote: Hi there, ive got a problem with my 1.4T that I cant get my head around!

Starts fine, but when i pull off and start driving it:
- sounds like its running on 3 cylinders
- idles rough when i pull up
- hardly any power when accelerating

Ive replaced the coil pack and the spark plugs but still no joy. Cant find any obvious vaccum leak either! Its driving me nuts anybody have an idea?

Hi could be the maf try unplugging see if it makes a differance
Have tried unplugging MAF just now, doesn’t change anything except bringing the radiator fan on full speed
(15:th-May-2018, 11:16:02)Jake Wrote: Have tried unplugging MAF just now, doesn’t change anything except bringing the radiator fan on full speed

try a compression test? is the fuel flow good?
Not sure how I would do one of those tbh, it does sound like its being starved of fuel so I thought maybe injectors need replacing? its a 2013 model which you wouldn't expect to have faulty injectors this early on...
(15:th-May-2018, 21:44:32)Jake Wrote: Not sure how I would do one of those tbh, it does sound like its being starved of fuel so I thought maybe injectors need replacing? its a 2013 model which you wouldn't expect to have faulty injectors this early on...

remove plugs and check colour if one is black sooty fuel problem i.e running to rich if all are maybe overfueling to all cylinders if you can when plugs are out cover plug holes with thumb if possible or screw driver handle and try to feel what compression is like on all cylinders this will involve someone turning engine with key keep out of the way of all moving parts and plug electrical feeds

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra J GTC Daytime running lights Wanna_be_dj 5 6,511 1:st-Jun-2018, 09:49:33
Last Post: Wanna_be_dj