Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
stick iluminated gear

Iluminated Gear Stick
Hi

I have purchased an iluminated gear stick which have a brown & red wire, I presume that the red wire is "live" & the brown wire is "earth" I was wondering if the gear stick could be wired into the gear gaitor amberance light wiring which would save routing the wires into the light switch below the dash, any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark
(5:th-May-2018, 19:13:15)marktourino Wrote: Hi

I have purchased an iluminated gear stick which have a brown & red wire, I presume that the red wire is "live" & the brown wire is "earth" I was wondering if the gear stick could be wired into the gear gaitor amberance light wiring which would save routing the wires into the light switch below the dash, any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

Mine is wired to the 12v socket. When I wired my led strips in my door, I picked up the feed from the ambient light in the door but it was like it was underpowered and not bright enough and ended up wiring it to the window switches. Don’t know if the gear stick ambient light would be the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I presume that the ambient light is on permanently when the ignigition is switched on & pwers off when the ignigition is switched off so hopefully that should work but it just knowing which wires to splice into on the ambient lighting, sying that I do have a haynes manual & could look up the wiring diagram otherwise I could splice into light switch wiring on the below the dashboard
(6:th-May-2018, 08:23:55)marktourino Wrote: I presume that the ambient light is on permanently when the ignigition is switched on & pwers off when the ignigition is switched off so hopefully that should work but it just knowing which wires to splice into on the ambient lighting, sying that I do have a haynes manual & could look up the wiring diagram otherwise I could splice into light switch wiring on the below the dashboard

I’m sure there’s a how to on here for the gearstick ambient light so maybe you could refer to that.

I shall do that much appreciated
(6:th-May-2018, 18:23:25)marktourino Wrote: I shall do that much appreciated

No problem, did you get the same gearstick as mine?

I got mine of ebay from ICT Innovativ Car Tech (Schaltknauf) Germany, managed to wired it into my aftermarket Front Parking Sensors which was fed off the front 12 V accessory port, works a treat & looks like my gearstick which I had on my previous six speed Corsa.
(6:th-May-2018, 20:57:59)marktourino Wrote: I got mine of ebay from ICT Innovativ Car Tech (Schaltknauf) Germany, managed to wired it into my aftermarket Front Parking Sensors which was fed off the front 12 V accessory port, works a treat & looks like my gearstick which I had on my previous six speed Corsa.

I’ve got the same one, red led, red stitching and chrome finish

Exactly the same, just thought what I would have a quick look in the dark & it does light quite a bright red, doesn't seen to have such a long throw as the factory fitted stick which I find quite better.
(6:th-May-2018, 21:17:09)marktourino Wrote: Exactly the same, just thought what I would have a quick look in the dark & it does light quite a bright red, doesn't seen to have such a long throw as the factory fitted stick which I find quite better.

You should try it with a short shifter

iirc there is a switched ignition (purple wire) and ground on the power outlet socket under the radio.
Indeed there is but luckily my front aftermarket parking sensors were wired in the power outlet socket so spliced into those wires instead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
1.3 DTE gear oil sotoskon 4 4,779 19:th-May-2016, 14:22:44
Last Post: Dman86