Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
test emissions through struggles car

Car struggles through emissions test
Hello there,
Every time I’ve taken my Astra for an MOT, its striggled to pass the emissions test, its only
Due to the fact that my tester is persistent and tries a handful of times before making it barely scrape through.

Car doesnt have a decat and is otherwise standard, 1.4 Turbo (140hp), is there a way i can resolve this? If for whatever reason I had to go elsewhere, it would fail every time!
Presumably you take it for an Italian tune up beforehand?

i.e. a good trashing.

Also, does it have regular servicing, including an oil change?
I do indeed, the MOT place is about a half hour drive through country lanes so once she’s warmed up I give her a little thrash!

I service it myself regularly, change the oil every 10k miles or every year whichever comes first!
(3:rd-May-2018, 11:39:46)Jake Wrote: I do indeed, the MOT place is about a half hour drive through country lanes so once she’s warmed up I give her a little thrash!

I service it myself regularly, change the oil every 10k miles or every year whichever comes first!

Hi have you changed the air filter ? struggled with my BMW having fitted a cheap filter, changed for K&N vast improvement, can only put it down to the cheap filter being too resrictive
the mixture lambda sensor, air temp sensor or coolant temp sensor can all cause issues if faulty

Plus a duff catalytic converter will too
Cheers lads, air filter is already a k&n one so may take it out and give it a clean. Had some issues recently where something went popped and started sounded like it started misfiring so going to chuck some new plugs in as they're a coupe years old now...

As for emissions once the cat was really hot then it barely passed so I'm wondering if the cat is indeed knackered! Shall have a look nearer to the time
How many miles has the car currently done?
Just passed 48k the other day!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major service now struggles to start richje100 11 6,718 17:th-Jul-2016, 10:27:22
Last Post: richje100