Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
low mpg really

MPG really low
Hi, I have a 1.6 auto SRi and the avergage MPG doesn't get any higher than 22 which is really low. Driving it as efficiently as I possibly can.

Can something else be wrong?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
poor fuel consumption can be caused by a faulty MAF sensor or lambda sensor
(2:nd-Apr-2018, 09:00:55)vocky Wrote: poor fuel consumption can be caused by a faulty MAF sensor or lambda sensor
Thank you I'll have it checked out

(2:nd-Apr-2018, 09:05:45)R4hulb Wrote:
(2:nd-Apr-2018, 09:00:55)vocky Wrote: poor fuel consumption can be caused by a faulty MAF sensor or lambda sensor

Hi
my manual 1.6 is returning around 35mpg don't drive it like I stole it and am never stuck in traffic much, makes no difference if I put in 95 or 99 octane, just don't think they are that economical mind you if that's what I wanted should have brought a diesel
(2:nd-Apr-2018, 11:59:34)andyp Wrote:
(2:nd-Apr-2018, 09:05:45)R4hulb Wrote:

Hi
my manual 1.6 is returning around 35mpg don't drive it like I stole it and am never stuck in traffic much, makes no difference if I put in 95 or 99 octane, just don't think they are that economical mind you if that's what I wanted should have brought a diesel
Yeah I checked online and on guides. 21 surely isn't right though. I'm also driving it like a grandma just to ensure its not me.

Hi, I also have a 1.6 Sri Auto
mine is a 61 plate estate (tourer)
I do mainly short local trips taking the dog to the beach etc (1 or 2 miles max) and the odd run of 10 miles - this returns around 26-30mpg depending on how enthusiastic I drive it.
when I do a long run to see family (250-300 miles each way) I get around the 34 mark
P.S. the car has only just clocked up 50,000 miles with full dealer history (inc dealer belt change on its 6th birthday)
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(2:nd-Apr-2018, 19:21:01)niteram Wrote: Hi, I also have a 1.6 Sri Auto
mine is a 61 plate estate (tourer)
I do mainly short local trips taking the dog to the beach etc (1 or 2 miles max) and the odd run of 10 miles - this returns around 26-30mpg depending on how enthusiastic I drive it.
when I do a long run to see family (250-300 miles each way) I get around the 34 mark
P.S. the car has only just clocked up 50,000 miles with full dealer history (inc dealer belt change on its 6th birthday)
Thank you. This is very helpful!

I got rid of my 1.6 petrol as it was in my opinion appalling on fuel 1.6 manual non turbo. Best I ever got was 38mpg on a run with sensible driving

I now have 2.0cdti
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(2:nd-Apr-2018, 11:59:34)andyp Wrote: Hi

My 2.0 CDTi auto only does around 37 mpg. So not much better than your petrol engine.
ive got average of 53 on my 2.0 cdti manual
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Jpbroad1970 Wrote:ive got average of 53 on my 2.0 cdti manual

WHAT??
You only drive downhill and then push it uphill yourself?

I get about 35mpg with my 1.7 diesel.
Which i think sucks but is an average with this car.
(3:rd-Apr-2018, 12:26:33)rlievens Wrote:

WHAT??

My average is only 35mpg with my 2.0cdti but I only work a couple of miles away. When I get on the motorway though I can easily get it in the high sixty’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2.0 CDTI Auto Tourer never gets much above 37 mpg either. A bit disappointing for a fairly modern car.
(3:rd-Apr-2018, 15:49:54)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(3:rd-Apr-2018, 12:26:33)rlievens Wrote:

WHAT??

My average is only 35mpg with my 2.0cdti but I only work a couple of miles away. When I get on the motorway though I can easily get it in the high sixty’s

As I said, I did a 40 mile motorway journey on Wednesday and
Managed 67mpg

Yesterday I drove 3 hours on the motorway and got 48MPG.
1.7cdti 125kph cruisecontrol (with traffic now and then).
It's the best mpg I will ever get without driving 90kph in 6th
my vxr averages 26 mpg, so a 1.6 should do better that that !