Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to how change speakers

how to change speakers
Another useful video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Ma4txfhsA
Hi,
I installed the Eton speaker upgrade kit which included a center speaker. My car did not have one as stock. However I found the connector for center speaker tucked away and connected it but get no sound. Any idea why?
Now I have "solved" it by picking signal from the left minus and right positive tweeter wires. It works but there is a loud buzzing interference.
I have a 2013 facelift Astra (Opel) with CD400.
Thank you
Hi Rusty as always great tutorial I did mine over the weekend j bought upgrade kit from Vibe British Audi,the speakers are really decent apart from one thing , tweeters sound like "overpowered and sounds it's distorted" I have contacted vibe and they told me I need to install the crossover which was included in the kit , so I'm gonna do that tonight just one thing which of 2 orginal cable it's positive and negative ? I found that doesent matter how I connect it up they still work ?

Wysłane z mojego SM-N976B przy użyciu Tapatalka
(6:th-Jul-2020, 15:16:25)pawex Wrote: Hi Rusty as always great tutorial I did mine over the weekend j bought upgrade kit from Vibe British Audi,the speakers are really decent apart from one thing , tweeters sound like "overpowered and sounds it's distorted" I have contacted vibe and they told me I need to install the crossover which was included in the kit , so I'm gonna do that tonight  just one thing which of 2 orginal cable it's positive and negative ? I found that doesent matter how I connect it up they still work ?  

The wire with the tracer is the negative on the speakers (apply's to all the speakers)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Keep in mind that wrong polarity in a speaker will lead in phase problems, especially woofers. Tweeters though are not susceptible to phase issues due to the higher frequencies they reproduce.
Thanks guys ,Rusty you mean wire with tracer ? You mean wire that got 2colours like black and green for example ? I already installed them all so just checking it's fine but I'm pretty sure it is

(13:th-Jul-2020, 13:17:48)pawex Wrote: Thanks guys ,Rusty you mean wire with tracer ? You mean wire that got 2colours like black and green for example ? I already installed them all so just checking it's fine but I'm pretty sure it is

Yes that's correct 2 colours on a wire.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks Rusty , I need an advice could anyone help ?
So I now have all my speakers upgraded along with extra sub in the boot and speaker amplifier in really happy with the results , I now decided to also install the centre speaker as my gtc didn't had one but the wires been there for it ,I have bought a 4inch speaker which unfortunately didn't fit(package was saying it fits 99% of cars with 3,4inch original speaker ,) but I still test it to see if it's working and it was working fine but just really quiet compare to the rest of the speakers ? Is this how the speaker should be or is there something wrong?I have followed this tutorial so I'm sure it was all connected properly ?

Who read this thread?
8 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (28:th-Mar-2024, 18:59:37), MrDjArMz (22:nd-May-2023, 17:57:51), milozic (12:th-Sep-2023, 20:07:23), Cozzer1990 (3:rd-Mar-2024, 11:42:09), chitaks (6:th-Jul-2023, 13:03:57), eaykara (5:th-Oct-2023, 07:35:59), iNeoTom (8:th-Mar-2024, 11:39:39), jacksoner (31:st-Jan-2024, 09:26:11)