Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cd400 bluetooth

CD400 Bluetooth
Hi,
Firstly many apologies if this subject has been covered before but I’m just looking for a definitive answer. Brought a second hand Astra GTC 2.0 CDTI 16v SRI (16 plate) yesterday with a CD400 plus unit. 
Can’t  seem to find any Bluetooth options. If I press the phone button it just mutes the audio, now should this unit come with Bluetooth as standard or have I brought one without it activated? 
Secondly what is the best option to get Bluetooth fitted (if I need too - which I think I do !!!!) without losing any other functionality.

Again sorry if I have posted a question already answered but I can’t belive a 2016 plate car would come nowadays without Bluetooth 

Thanks
Matt
Do you have DAB? As I'm sure the CD400 + come with DAB or BT.

You could have factory BT retrofitted your closest person is @Jpbroad1970
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(11:th-Mar-2018, 10:53:02)Matthewgee Wrote: I can’t belive a 2016 plate car would come nowadays without Bluetooth 

Thanks
Matt

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a Vauxhall owner and their poverty spec cars.

I bought a 63 plate Astra elite 3 yrs ago, and although it's got some toys, my old 2006 Vectra Elite had some better ones.
Hi mate, no they didn’t come with Bluetooth as standard on the 400 or 400 plus, I was gutted about that too. What I did was installed an Android unit so you have Bluetooth, sat nav, cd, DVD etc. I paid about £320 and installed it myself which was pretty easy. So I suppose it’s just down to whether you think it’s worth it?
Hope this helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was the same, all the controls for bluetooth but no bluetooth module installed. Very Common. I installed an aftermarket unit. Look at this video and there are links in the description as to where to buy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vjaEm-3_lo
Hi guys
Many thanks for your replies.
Rusty2009 yes I have the dab radio. So I can’t just retrofit a Bluetooth module !!! Damn best get saving my pennies then. I must admit I like the android option but as I’m an apple user not sure of the compatibility issues. Am just mulling over a retro fit Bluetooth or paying more for an upgrade to the Navi 600. I aim to keep the car for a fair few years so investing now might not be a bad option. Till then back to the good old Bluetooth earpiece.
Would appreciate some advise as to what you guys think is the best option. Would also need to have any upgrade fitted as due to health issues would struggle to carry out the work myself.
Thanks
Matt
You could retrofit BT to the CD400+ but would need extra wiring & coding.

Navi600 again would require extra wiring & coding.

If you wanted to go factory I would say go more for the Navi950 (newer unit) with BT inside and I've been using my iPhone (now 7 with it with no issues) can even steam music over BT with the 950.

My experience with the aftermarket OEM looking units is not good and the BT on them isn't the best. Alot of people have had no issues with the aftermarket units although some still complain about the BT.

If you wanted to go the factory I can fit and program them I'm based in Bournemouth
The is John @Jpbroad1970 in Kettering also who can do them.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hi guys
Many thanks for your replies.
Rusty2009 yes I have the dab radio. So I can’t just retrofit a Bluetooth module !!! Damn best get saving my pennies then. I must admit I like the android option but as I’m an apple user not sure of the compatibility issues. Am just mulling over a retro fit Bluetooth or paying more for an upgrade to the Navi 600

Sorry for the repost guys ......
As Rusty says navi950 far best upgrade option if you want nav and Bluetooth.

I use an android unit and again music streaming works a treat.

They are a bit difficult to come by but when there is one available there's normally more.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Hi all i have just bought myself a vauxhall astra 1.6 cdti ecoflex sport tourer which comes with the cd400 radio like in this post it has no bluetooth capabilities but all the buttons. Before seeing this post hi had bought a 2nd hand module off ebay, is there no way to fit this at all, i have a duel din radio cd dab radio i would prefer to fit but to do that it appears i need a new grey facia kit and wiring kit which is around £165. module was 30 quid. so i am hoping i can use the cheap option till i can afford the better one.
(12:th-Nov-2018, 00:04:29)Bappibear Wrote: Hi all i have just bought myself a vauxhall astra 1.6 cdti ecoflex sport tourer which comes with the cd400 radio like in this post it has no bluetooth capabilities but all the buttons. Before seeing this post hi had bought a 2nd hand module off ebay, is there no way to fit this at all, i have a duel din radio cd dab radio i would prefer to fit but to do that it appears i need a new grey facia kit and wiring kit which is around £165. module was 30 quid. so i am hoping i can use the cheap option till i can afford the better one.

It can fitted but you need the BT loom and the radio to be programmed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
 hello.ive got a 2012 gtc with a cd 400 dab radio.i recently purchased the cd 400 plus from a vxr as i was told these were dab and bluetooth.should this work or do i need more wiring etc
Hello i have a 2012 gtc with the cd 400.i recently purchased the stereo from a 2015 vxr as i was told they are dab and bluetooth.this stereo is a 400 plus.ive put it in the car and when i click on phone settings it says not available.any ideas cheers
(31:st-May-2019, 18:35:51)Dave110285 Wrote: Hello i have a 2012 gtc with the cd 400.i recently purchased the stereo from a 2015 vxr as i was told they are dab and bluetooth.this stereo is a 400 plus.ive put it in the car and when i click on phone settings it says not available.any ideas cheers

There is only 1 cd400 that has DAB BT & USB built in upload some pics of the unit & I can advise further.

As to extra wiring you would need DAB aerial & Microphone cable.

The radio unit would also need to matched to your car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
My car already has dab so i already have dab aerial.ive since been told that putting this radio in is gonna cost alot. I have the box and buttons an screen all out of the vxr.i dont have the microphone.is there a bluetooth module i would need from the vxr
What is the part number on the radio box?

Not everything costs alot.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I dont know without taking the radio back out of my car pal.
 hi  I just got Vauxhall astra with cd400and am looking to buy the aftermarket nit need someone to install it as I wouldn't manage. I'm in scotland and can come to someone, so there us no issues there. Thanks in advsnce
Hey. I have a cd400 without bluetooth. I have dab tho. Was going to buy the aftermarket bluetooth thing but would need someone to install it as I would never manage. I'm in scotland so preferably someone in scotland. I can drive to them. Thanks in advance. Mich
(28:th-Aug-2019, 19:06:10)Michelle22blue Wrote: Hey. I have a cd400 without bluetooth. I have dab tho. Was going to buy the aftermarket bluetooth thing but would need someone to install it as I would never manage. I'm in scotland so preferably someone in scotland. I can drive to them. Thanks in advance. Mich

@rusyt2009 does a postal service that can add genuine Bluetooth to your cd400 if that's the way you want to go. He can also do the extra wires needed to fit it.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Great. @rusty2009. How much do you charge? Please. Really need bluetooth. Lol
(29:th-Aug-2019, 10:57:37)Michelle22blue Wrote: Great. @rusty2009. How much do you charge? Please. Really need bluetooth. Lol

@Michelle22blue I've tried to send you an email twice but it's being rejected.

For factory fitted Bluetooth kit with wiring is £250 posted, I’m aware you’re in Scotland & I really don’t know anyone up there that is able to fit.

The install Guide for you to look at
http://www.vxocelectrabizz.co.uk/How-to%...How-to.pdf
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The best way to reply is the quick reply. Dont know why but if I message you the emoticons are all mixed up and in the bit you type in and I cant see what I'm typing. Lol. Part of my problem is being able to fit it. Not sure I'm confident enough to try it. My email is Removed for you. I can see on this thing. Lol. I am def interested in what you have. As long as it fits in 2010 vauxhall astra with cd400 stereo. Just need someone to fit it. I need to think. Lol
@Michelle22blue yes that was the email address I used I've tried sending via my personal email address hopefully that will come through.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi Michelle 22blue,I'm in Erskine and it had my stereo out so many times,also have the tools to do it, would be willing to do it for you and also show you for future work...... Erskine is 10 mins from Glasgow airport
Hey. Thanks for your reply. Managed to get it all installed and working tho a while ago. Thankyou so much for your offer tho. I will keep it in mind for future. michelle
Sorry to revive an old thread, I have a 2012 Asta estate with the cd400 head, really wanting Bluetooth if someone can help with what I need to buy? Manchester based.
(1:st-Aug-2020, 08:56:01)Spoodzilla Wrote: Sorry to revive an old thread, I have a 2012 Asta estate with the cd400 head, really wanting Bluetooth if someone can help with what I need to buy? Manchester based.

I supply kits which includes BT module, Radio box and loom with a guide to fitting kit guide or I can supply and fit, I do offer a discount if the radio fitted is of use ( and you return your one).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
A guy called russel helped me lots. From this thread. I have Bluetooth in my car now. He may reply on this thread. Not sure surname but very helpful
Hello there,
I have a 2012 model Astra j vehicle. I have put your pictures below. There is a cd400 unit, bluetooth module and original microphone installation. Although I have made all the connections, there is no phone features menu. Bluetooth does not work. Do I need to make an extra cable or an adjustment? Please help me. Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

the radio needs to be programmed to enable BT.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Sep-2020, 11:17:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: the radio needs to be programmed to enable BT.

Thanks for ansver. VIN programming for tape has been done. How is Bluetooth programming done?
(9:th-Sep-2020, 11:23:01)yavuzalper Wrote:
(9:th-Sep-2020, 11:17:14)Rusty2009 Wrote: the radio needs to be programmed to enable BT.

Thanks for ansver. VIN programming for tape has been done. How is Bluetooth programming done?

With an MDI and SPS.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Sep-2020, 12:21:58)Rusty2009 Wrote:

With an MDI and SPS.

Not with Op-Com?
(9:th-Sep-2020, 14:13:16)yavuzalper Wrote:

With an MDI and SPS.

Not with Op-Com?

No
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(9:th-Sep-2020, 14:24:14)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(9:th-Sep-2020, 14:13:16)yavuzalper Wrote:

With an MDI and SPS.

Not with Op-Com?

No
Thanks for everything.
Good afternoon. We are the proud owner of a basic spec Astra Elite :-) and would like to fit factory bluetooth. Rusty would you be able to let me know how difficult your kit is to fit and it’s costs.

Many thanks
(26:th-Oct-2020, 18:03:28)Btl5 Wrote: Good afternoon. We are the proud owner of a basic spec Astra Elite :-) and would like to fit factory bluetooth. Rusty would you be able to let me know how difficult your kit is to fit and it’s costs.

Many thanks

The KIT is pretty easy to fit there are a few options for you depending on what you want.
If you drop us an email to rusty@vxocelectrabizz.co.uk with your reg (as I need to know the part number of your current radio) I can then come back with the costs and options for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi guys...recently had fitted a kenwood 5020dabs stereo fitted replacing the current cd400 but still the steering wheel controls dont work and wondered if im missing something here,they fitted all wires etc but no joy!!! It was a basic cd400 with no Bluetooth or phone options so not sure if that makes a difference or not!!! If anyone could help I'd be ecstatic as really bugs me that I cant answer my phone
(4:th-Nov-2020, 21:18:13)Batesi19811111 Wrote: Hi guys...recently had fitted a kenwood 5020dabs stereo fitted replacing the current cd400 but still the steering wheel controls dont work and wondered if im missing something here,they fitted all wires etc but no joy!!! It was a basic cd400 with no Bluetooth or phone options so not sure if that makes a difference or not!!! If anyone could help I'd be ecstatic as really bugs me that I cant answer my phone

Which interface kit did they use?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
When you say interface kit what do you mean by that?!? Sorry bit outdated in all this
Do you mean this? Sorry bit outdated in all this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes that's the interface, now comes the next question is it a silver box or black box with dip switches?

Have you held the SRC button down on the steering wheel to get into setting of the connects2 interface in there is an option to change the steering wheel controls to 6 or 7 IIRC, you will moat likely need 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeV5ShAagS0
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I didnt fit it but can find out bout the switches,is there a difference...didn't know bout holding source button so will try that when I get home from work
(6:th-Nov-2020, 09:12:51)Batesi19811111 Wrote: I didnt fit it but can find out bout the switches,is there a difference...didn't know bout holding source button so will try that when I get home from work

Yes if it has dip switches they need to be set as per the installation instructions & depend on brand of unit fitted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
This is what he has said rusty
(6:th-Nov-2020, 13:20:34)Batesi19811111 Wrote: This is what he has said rusty

Which is?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry picture wont post but basically what I've been given in the previous photo will not allow me to answer or make calls I need a separate connects 2 part/block about £100 to buy...just spoke to the company I got the kit and stereo off and they sell it seperstely ??‍♂️ hope that makes sense

Mine didn't have dip switches BTW
No worries yes that makes sense.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
If you are looking for a cheap bluetooth for CD400 without steering wheel controls, I did it like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTeCPA84Dp8
I know that the sound quality is not the greatest but this worked for me. I didn't touch the blue wire in the aux plug but I keep my aux cable plugged in so that the aux setting works on the radio.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bluetooth needed Dean.Broad 2 3,024 9:th-Aug-2021, 11:31:22
Last Post: Big Dave2

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (22:nd-Oct-2023, 13:39:27), m28937 (14:th-Jun-2023, 15:55:34)