Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dpf status

DPF Status
I was having a look at how full my DPF was this morning with my op-com and it was showing 91% . I was wondering how to get this down because I’d heard using the op-com to do a forced regen is not recommended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get the car up-to temp (90) then 2nd gear and hard acceleration (I sometimes take mine almost to redline) it should then kick into regen. If you've fitted a DPF LED this will help you to know it's doing one.

You are correct its not a good idea to do static regens.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yeah I thought that was right. My Android unit lights up the rear screen when it does a regen so I’ll know

Had a nightmare trying to get my DPF to regen, managed to get it to kick in down a dual carriageway but my svs vehicle soon came on and stopped it. Got it on for a second time and the same happened again!! Plugged my op-com in when I got home and it showed a MAF sensor fault so cleared it and left it. When I went to pick the missus up from work, it kicked into regen again but I was nowhere near a fast road so I had to pull in the drive and do it static!!! I didn’t want to but I also didn’t want a failed regen either it took about 10 minutes and didn’t half kick some smell and crap out !!!!
I’m going to plug the op-com back in tomorrow to see what it reads? Diesels eh who’d have one???

Not good did you keep the revs up while it was doing the regen?

Sitting there is ok if needs be it's more a you don't want to do forced regens using op-com/MDI etc as they aren't good.

If mine starts a regen on town roads I don't go out of 2nd gear & hold the revs up if I get stuck @ lights.

I would always have a Diesel can't stand petrol's.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(11:th-Mar-2018, 09:05:17)Rusty2009 Wrote: Not good did you keep the revs up while it was doing the regen?

Sitting there is ok if needs be it's more a you don't want to do forced regens using op-com/MDI etc as they aren't good.

If mine starts a regen on town roads I don't go out of 2nd gear & hold the revs up if I get stuck @ lights.

Yeah I kept the revs up between 2500 and 3000 took nearly 10 minutes. Thought it was typical though, I’d tried and failed up a dual carriageway then it kicks in when I don’t want it to! I’ll see what the percentage is later and post the figures
In all fairness I do love my diesel so much more mid range power than a petrol

(11:th-Mar-2018, 10:37:44)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(11:th-Mar-2018, 09:05:17)Rusty2009 Wrote: Not good did you keep the revs up while it was doing the regen?

Yeah I kept the revs up between 2500 and 3000 took nearly 10 minutes. Thought it was typical though, I’d tried and failed up a dual carriageway then it kicks in when I don’t want it to! I’ll see what the percentage is later and post the figures

Just plugged the op-com back in and the DPF soot percentage is now at 45% down from 91% so that doesn’t seem too bad?

I think I’m going to do the DPF light next week and fit it where it’s more noticeable, the Android unit is good but if you miss it coming on it only stays on the screen for a few seconds.

Since installing our dpf light we have had 2 regens and on each occasion the light came straight on we were able to take it onto the dual carriageway and the regen completed quicker than it did before the led was fitted simply because we know straight away and the engine is already up to temp.
(11:th-Mar-2018, 19:49:58)stigeye Wrote: Since installing our dpf light we have had 2 regens and on each occasion the light came straight on we were able to take it onto the dual carriageway and the regen completed quicker than it did before the led was fitted simply because we know straight away and the engine is already up to temp.

Yeah I’ve ordered a light from eBay and I’m going to mount it under the hood of the clocks like Rusty has done so I notice it more than when it lights up on my Android unit

Does it really matter to keep revs up when it's doing a regen?
I'm reading different opinions.

My regens take about the same time, very time. About 7 minutes.
Wether I'm driving down the highway at 120kph, with a hot engine and enough revs, or when the engine is still not fully warmed up and without touching the gas pedal. After each regen you can feal and hear the heat in the exhaust system.

My car does a lot of regens, but I do a lot of short trips as well.
It even starts doing regens when the car is not fully warmed up yet, and also when i'm almost without gas on my way the the gas station which is very annoying. Also noticed it starts the regen very often when I use my sport button. I only use sport mode max 10% of the time but half of my regens start when in that mode. Strange

Since I installed the DPF light I only had to cancel a regen twice. 1 time I think it was about 80% done, the other time it just started and I didn't want to wait. Next time I jumped in the car it started the regen again right away.

There you have my experience with it Love the DPF light, haven't had a problem since.
(11:th-Mar-2018, 11:57:18)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

Just plugged the op-com back in and the DPF soot percentage is now at 45% down from 91% so that doesn’t seem too bad?

I think I’m going to do the DPF light next week and fit it where it’s more noticeable, the Android unit is good but if you miss it coming on it only stays on the screen for a few seconds.

How do you get to this page in Op-Com?
(15:th-Mar-2018, 10:31:40)Vx-Mad-G Wrote:

I’ll have a look for you tomorrow

In the handbook I think it tells you the revs need to be above 2500.

Mine normally drops down to around 36% from 98%.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(15:th-Mar-2018, 13:33:05)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:

If you go in the engine setting, then the measuring blocks and scroll until you see the spot percentage.

My engine mangement light cames on a couple of days ago so I went in to my consumer menu & left the top consumers screeen on, sure enough my rear demister went on & off three times yesterday luckily I was on the motorway so 10 minutes hard driving & on arriving home the engine management light was still on, started the car this morning & no engine management light. seems to be different ways how the DPF regeneration works.
(17:th-Mar-2018, 08:18:27)marktourino Wrote: My engine mangement light cames on a couple of days ago so I went in to my consumer menu & left the top consumers screeen on, sure enough my rear demister went on & off three times yesterday luckily I was on the motorway so 10 minutes hard driving & on arriving home the engine management light was still on, started the car this morning & no engine management light. seems to be different ways how the DPF regeneration works.

I would say yours has failed to do a regen it's tried to do a regen multiple times.

I've never seen the EML on for a DPF regen and the only light will come (ONLY if the DPF full) is the DPF light.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I’d get a diagnosis plugged in in to see what’s going on mate in case it’s something else

(17:th-Mar-2018, 09:23:37)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(17:th-Mar-2018, 08:18:27)marktourino Wrote: My engine mangement light cames on a couple of days ago so I went in to my consumer menu & left the top consumers screeen on, sure enough my rear demister went on & off three times yesterday luckily I was on the motorway so 10 minutes hard driving & on arriving home the engine management light was still on, started the car this morning & no engine management light. seems to be different ways how the DPF regeneration works.

I would say yours has failed to do a regen it's tried to do a regen multiple times.

I've never seen the EML on for a DPF regen and the only light will come (ONLY if the DPF full) is the DPF light.

I suppose it could be an intermittent fault with EML but the car drives fine, doesn't go into limp mode & only done a proper full regeneration twice since I have had the car.
(17:th-Mar-2018, 17:51:41)marktourino Wrote:
(17:th-Mar-2018, 09:23:37)Rusty2009 Wrote:

I suppose it could be an intermittent fault with EML but the car drives fine, doesn't go into limp mode & only done a proper full regeneration twice since I have had the car.

I'll check it all over when I do the reflector's for you mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Many thanks Rusty
(16:th-Mar-2018, 17:52:50)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(11:th-Mar-2018, 10:37:44)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: Yeah I kept the revs up between 2500 and 3000 took nearly 10 minutes. Thought it was typical though, I’d tried and failed up a dual carriageway then it kicks in when I don’t want it to! I’ll see what the percentage is later and post the figures

If you go in the engine setting, then the measuring blocks and scroll until you see the spot percentage.

I finally managed to check mine, showed 14%, with last regen done around 114 km ago.
(6:th-Apr-2018, 10:24:03)Vx-Mad-G Wrote:
(16:th-Mar-2018, 17:52:50)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(11:th-Mar-2018, 11:57:18)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: Just plugged the op-com back in and the DPF soot percentage is now at 45% down from 91% so that doesn’t seem too bad?

I finally managed to check mine, showed 14%, with last regen done around 114 km ago.

Mine is great now I’ve done the regen light so I know when it’s doing one

Hi guys my dpf levels are 131% on opcom and car won't regenerate!?
Hi,

I tried to check the DPF status today, but I keep getting "--" and no actual readings. Am I doing something wrong?

I went into every section where this information could bve viewed, but still not actally showing any readings.

See image below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've never tried using op-com to look into any data like that always use MDI & GDS2.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S