Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
ipc language of change

Change language of IPC
If i got an ipc that is almost exactly for my vehicle from poland... can the language the DIC / driver display is in be changed to english? i note my insignia ipc i'm using for now has no language settings, but i'm sure i read somewhere that there is a menu that can be activated that gives language selections.

obviously the speedo is in kph, but i'd swap my background card over to the mph version from my original ipc, 

I'd be (hopefully) getting Rusty to work his magic on the IPC to make it work in my car, so not sure if the language selector is a setting in the eeprom.

Basically i've found an ipc that matches my car on a polish auction site (means signing up to that site and getting a 'PayU' account...
But the part number of that IPC is 13346186, ABJ7.
my cars original IPC is 13346188, with a ABJ9 code.
I'm a tit at times... just went for a drive, and thought.. the stereo has a language selection on it... so fliped it over to german... and sure enough, the DIC changes language as well as the BID, it has almost all euro languages present including polish.

So that's the language issue sorted... now to hope the bloke will send it to england,
i assume PayU is their paypal... but it might not accept GBP..

i usually use 'transferwise' to pay for things i buy from abroad... it's a direct bank transfer thing that has exchange rates much better than any bank offers, they'd charge me £1.12 to send 60 quids worth of polish zlotys.
Yep you can also add the language menu to the IPC too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trip Computer Change (research) sheppy1 131 75,938 29:th-Jan-2018, 08:23:02
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Car vision satnav provider change dazzzdelux 3 7,126 7:th-Jan-2017, 18:50:29
Last Post: Rusty2009