Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
changing instrument radio and navi display larger

Navi radio and larger instrument display changing
I think I found it es but I can't for life of me remember where, I'll have a look later.

I use a USB UPA for EEPROM.

On the up-level's we have the auto lights wipers lights but they don't come on due to having the messages displayed.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Gotya... i think i will find a scrapyard with a vauxhall with a towbar, and get the plugs... cheaper than buying the new plugs and ternimals from RS and farnell (at least rs is free next day postage)

I also get R on the DIC when in reverse, in the bottom left corner... it comes on solid for half a second, then flashes all the time in reverse...

so now i'm thinking of getting the other gears showing there... thinking the semi auto boxes might have a gear position module... but it might communicate through the gearbox module, tho if reverse works it shows that it's just switches telling the bcm i presume, as no gearbox module in this car,

maybe another way is reed switches in the right places under the gearstick and a magnet on the stick, time to look at globaltis wiring diagrams to see how the gear display works... i dont need it of course, but i kinda want all displays working if they are present.
I screwed the last IPC up i had getting the eeprom off,

so ordered another one from poland, imagining i'd have the same issues i had with the last one... namely door opeinings are reversed and it shows speed on the dial on the kph speedo face only... so in mph/mpg setting, the needle pointed to the kph numbers. meaning i had to have it in kph setting to get it to point at the mph numbers of the mph dial card i put in it off my original speedo.

But i got the other ipc and plugged it in, usual thing, no mileage showing, left door showing open when right is etc...

But i figured i'd triy to tech2 it in anyway.. before i removed the eeprom and changed my vin and security code over,

I tried a program, and it failed... 15 minutes loading it on via the tech2, i imagine the security code might have stopped things?

anyway, before i took it out to remove the eeprom, i decided to tired the option for reconfiguring things... i selected the things i could.. rain sensor, no park pilot and so on, and it had the other bits at the bottom you can't change... mainly that it's a RHD car with a kpk/mph speedo.... i figured it will not allow that as it's a kph only speedo....

Amazingly it worked, after doing the 'turn off ignition, wait 20 seconds etc, the mileage came up on the display, and the right hand door was showing open when i had drivers door open.

auto wipers showed up, the service park assist warning was gone,

Went for a drive, and the needle points to the right places for the mph dial!!! no matter if i have the unit in imperial or metric setting.

Couple of things i notice different tho from the last euro ipc i had... when i turn the ignition off and open drivers door, it just bings at me to remind me the keys still in ignition... the last ips said 'reminder, keys left in ignition' but this one the display is blank when ignitions off.
and i've got the basic 7 menu's for things, 2 trips, speed, average mpg, instiant mpg etc,

The last one had a the average and instant mpg's showing on one page.

I guess that can't be changed, and is in the MCU chip.. like the astra's get the 3 items per page (speed and mpg data i think)

Oh, and i still get a DTC for IPC imobilizer code wrong, i presume i need to do an imobilizer learn to get rid of that... car still starts fine tho, and no U codes for wrong instrument identifier anymore.
Why are you even removing the eeprom it doesn't need to be removed.

At least you've got it working.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Didn't know about the eeprom, thought it had to be removed to program it with my cars VIN and security code, my in-circuit sop8 clip is temperamental,

Then i find out that the Tech2 allows me to just fo a configuration and setup sps to it, and it changes the vin and security code as part of that.. but not the imobilizer code it seems.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cd 400 upgrade to navi 600 need help goose9029 6 4,130 14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
Last Post: Rusty2009
  vin relearn navi 600 geoffp 1 1,670 5:th-Jul-2021, 15:38:22
Last Post: livo
  Navi 650 bluetooth and reverse camera mislav_os 30 21,160 9:th-Jun-2021, 16:08:07
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Insignia odometer is locked mileage no display Robsterw1980 1 1,745 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:14:20
  Navi 950 retrofit to Buick Encore vibalt 3 8,215 21:st-Jul-2020, 19:02:30
  navi 500 programming tzr608 14 10,797 15:th-Mar-2020, 23:15:54
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  IPC Upper Display Speedo Upgrade BL25 1 2,672 6:th-Sep-2019, 12:48:30
  Navi 950 intellilink centre dash speaker Kdun 4 3,798 13:th-Feb-2019, 08:12:21
  Astra J Instrument Cluster 32pin wiring diagram Milo629 0 5,390 22:nd-Jan-2019, 14:55:13
Last Post: Milo629
  Options to replace Navi 400 in 62 plate Astra Atarius 7 6,439 12:th-Sep-2018, 07:04:30

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
dawid926 (24:th-May-2023, 12:15:11), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:19:52), ziTneY (16:th-Oct-2023, 21:12:10)