Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
needed headunit advice

Headunit advice needed
I havent got a clue when it comes to changing/ purchasing the correct headunit for my car.

Ideally im looking for bluetooth (dont have presently) a unit with a usb port built in as my car doesnt have one of those either. Satnav and it has to have Android.
I have looked around the forms but its all double dutch to me.
I wouldnt even attempt to install this, so anybody recommend anywhere in the North East of England or North Yorkshire. 
Looking at £500 including fitting?

My car is a 2014 model.
Would i be able to fit a Navi650 or Navi950 without difficulty?
Fitting is really easy it's all plug & plug & we have many how-to's here to help you though.

In terms of units the most popular is the M072.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Would a stock item like the navi650 or 950 be an option?
Yes it would be I would go with the 950 TBH it's the better of the 2 and has BT built in.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks.

Anything special id have to do? To get the bluetooth and Satnav working.

The new unit wouldnt be locked? 

Did read i need a VIN code from dealers, these easy to get from them?
Any idea on vin cost?

Cheers for help.
There are wiring changes needed & a mic needs adding.

The unit would be locked yes but I can unlock them and program them to your car for £50 (that can even be done via the post).

Dealers in most cases don't have clue with retrofits, and it you were to use a dealer it would cost £95 for a VCI code, plus whatever other charge they add on for labour.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The wiring changes....are these on the forum somewhere? Easy to do?

Yes should I get a NAVI950, probs would go down the route of paying yourself mate.

I guess a chinese unit would be alot easier if its just plug & play?
They aren't on the forum no mate, they are easy to do.

Yeah a Chinese unit is all plug and play and there is a guides on here for that.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks mate.

When you say, wiring changes what you mean exactly? Sorry for loads of questions but I really havent a clue on this latest ICE. Last time I did anything like this was swapping a car stereo in my Golf gti way back in 1988
Need to change wiring between radio plug, screen & control.
Although it's much easier to just use a custom loom to make the changes.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
where would i get a custom loop from?
I can supply them or depends where you are based as there could be a person local.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'm looking to get the Icebox V5754 to fit into my 2013. I have previously fitted a 10" Android unit to my now sold BMW 125D M Sport and think the improvements are great.
I'm a little worried as from a few parts I've read the cable system is very tight to get back into the dash.

Can you link me to the threads that give a complete install please, especially as to where to locate the GPS antenna as that will be important to me, also the DAB aerial also.

Thanks in anticipation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New headunit carlosfootball 1 1,157 12:th-Sep-2021, 13:46:17
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Sports Tourer DAB+ on Android Headunit MikeyP247 2 2,636 2:nd-Nov-2019, 17:11:28
Last Post: niteram
  Advice needed on Android HU cdunham1974 5 4,817 3:rd-Apr-2018, 18:07:11
Last Post: MikeyP247
  Anyone have the Car Vision headunit? Thebatfink 11 7,579 11:th-Jun-2016, 08:15:59
Last Post: Rusty2009