Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
tyres? winter

Winter tyres?
Hello All.
Quick question. Please. My 2013 gtc Sri 2.0 cdti currently has uniroyal rainsport 3 235/50/18. I was wondering if anyone could suggest winter tyres for this size or even all year tyres. I live in Scotland and get a lot of frost and snow. Only had this car since March so not sure how it handles in winter. My Vectra wouldn't even leave the driveway in the snow. Any advice appreciated. Cheers and thanks.
I use Goodyear gen winter tyre. From mid November till March. Get car serviced late Nov, ask garage to rotate tyres from back, to front.
Then come march, go to a tyre dealer, to rotate the winters, back to the back wheels.
I use Hankook Winter i*cept evo2 (W320) on a set of 16" steel wheels over winter. Drive to Poland regularly so need them. Got these as they are Asymmetric/non-directional, so put the deeper tread on the front each November (for even wear) and don't need to change the tyre direction round. Have had them on for the last two winters and been great.

If you want all year round tyres, the Hankook KINERGY 4S (H740) get very good reviews.
Those Rainsport 3 tyres do handle well in the snow. Offcourse not like winter tyres but still a lot better than real summertyres.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wheels and tyres Rusty2009 25 24,983 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:28:38
Last Post: Rusty2009