Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to sports lights tourer where open boot connect? flood

Sports tourer open boot flood lights - where to connect?
Hi all,

As my new car is for a dog's benefit, I'm keen to fit some led flood lights into the boot door so that when it opens, the immediate area underneath & behind is lit up like blackpool.

I'm looking at fitting up to 72W of led here, never mind dual boot lights & interiors coming on too.

I'm still looking at the position and placement of the floods, this could be simply 2 banks either side @36w or 2 banks either side at 18W plus a further 2 seated differently to light up further out from the car.

And suggestions on where to hookup for power would be good, as well as points for boot open detection? These will also be switched, requiring a combo of open + switches to switch on/increase.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Sound's interesting, I think I would run some off the boot light and the others off a separate feed which would be switched controlled.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
It's the route in thinking of going - a lower power "puddle light" from the boot, and a separate switch high power flood, for when I need to see what I am doing.

Edit: with doing that, I think I would still use the boot light along with the switch, to prevent accidental "left on".

Via a relay would be a good way then.

Wired up something like this

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Looking good. Will be scouting the trim tomorrow for good potential sites for the LED clusters themselves, then looking for the right units across the usual websites.

To be continued (quickly, those nights are getting dark, quick)

Thanks rusty for this info.

Looking at the trim last night & the flaps for accessing the rear lights might be a good option, or just to the side of them: just the right angle and position for lighting up the space immediately under the tailgate.

Still looking at the position of a second set.

Sorry for updating an old thread, But a few weeks ago i bought these little white panels from AutoBeam i think and they are supposed to be footwell LED's but i fitted two in the boot lid on the Meriva wired straight into the boot light, and they are great in the dark, nice spread of light around the rear of the back but also into the boot itself. 

Wire went through the gator thing between the boot lid and the body and straight down the side into the boot. 

Is that the 48 smd led panels?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boot trim clip leighton.read@sky.com 2 2,002 9:th-Jul-2020, 10:07:00
Last Post: leighton.read@sky.com
  puddle lights marky79 2 2,312 29:th-Nov-2019, 00:46:59
Last Post: Collster
  Rear registration lights LegendOfEagle 2 2,607 7:th-Feb-2019, 17:42:57
Last Post: LegendOfEagle
  Boot rubber thing part number Telsun 0 7,563 2:nd-Jan-2019, 21:07:37
Last Post: Telsun
  Wiring Diagram [Internal Lights] cubez0 3 4,322 25:th-Jun-2018, 11:28:03
Last Post: Big Dave2
  What are the specs for the wheel studs on a 2010 Insignia Sports Tourer? i.rosca 0 8,406 10:th-May-2018, 06:36:09
Last Post: i.rosca
  What is this part called? Boot latch cover thingy. rlievens 15 15,613 23:rd-Oct-2017, 13:36:58
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Footwell lights hungrydiscus 5 4,893 26:th-Apr-2016, 18:26:05
Last Post: hungrydiscus