Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
poorly new is car

New Car is Poorly
Hey guys,

Picked up my latest vauxhall this afternoon, its an astra tourer 1.6 cdti (110) but it sadly never made it home.

About 10 miles into the drive, it shuddered on acceleration and went into ( what is assume ) limp home mode with the engine caption lit.

I managed to get it back to the dealer who will now investigate the issue. The engine light remained after a full restart.

Any ideas what this could be?

I have a courtesy car for the time being however i would like to go back to them knowing about the possibilities in case they try and fob me off with a short term fix.

thanks in advance

J
Welcome to VXOC.

Sorry to hear you didn't make it home in your new car.

TBH it would be a massive guessing game as it could be anything.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Most likely a duff sensor, but as Rusty said, could be anything to do with the engine.
(11:th-Aug-2017, 14:10:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to VXOC.

Sorry to hear you didn't make it home in your new car.

TBH it would be a massive guessing game as it could be anything.

Well...

The dealer thought it was the boost sensor and replaced that (or so they said)

On my way up the motorway heading north..............boom it went again...........eml and loss of power.

The car is going into Vx today for a proper assessment
Well I just wanted to keep you guys up to date.

Since i've had this motor i've only driven her 6 times, 4 of which its gone into limp mode.

Its downright dangerous to drive a car when it loses all power when you need it most ( whilst accelerating)

To this end yesterday i dropped it off at the dealer ship and gave them the keys.

I am filing for a rejection. already told them verbally and via email with a formal letter to follow.

This afternoon i was looking at new motors, some of them J's
Sorry to hear your experience, if it helps I had my GTC for 4 years doing 130k miles with none of your issues.

If I'm being honest, although I loved my car, there are much better cars out there!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

(11:th-Sep-2017, 17:50:15)J1ODYA Wrote: Sorry to hear your experience, if it helps I had my GTC for 4 years doing 130k miles with none of your issues.

If I'm being honest, although I loved my car, there are much better cars out there!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TVM for those kind words and I appreciate the nice welcome i've had on here,

I am a lifelong VX owner and my last 3 cars were all belters (last was a VEC-C) so i was due to buy a lemon at some point.

Still waiting for my refund so currently car less but i still have no idea what car to get next.

The main issue thats putting me off another Vauxhall is that my astra was going into limp home but did not apparently generate any fault codes?
and as such the main Vx dealer could not fix it.

That worries me a little and if i end up choosing another Vauxhall, i'll probably go petrol as my brief flirtation with a Derv has not gone well 
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Hope all goes well with your refund, and you get the situation turned around and get the car you want. It's very stressful when you've just bought a car and it's not right. Have you ever had a look at a 2.0 cdti tourer instead ? There's a lot of them about, so a better chance of choosing a good one. I've had my 2.0 cdti tourer a year and am very pleased with it. It's relaxing to drive - lots of torque, handles really well and is quiet and comfortable. My car went into limp mode once this year, needed a software update according to my local Vauxhall garage and it's been fine since. Ive owned VWs for the past 18 years before my current car, and they are not without their problems either.
I wonder if they ever checked the EGR valve mine kept going into limp mode first it was the turbo, then it was a faulty DPF sensor then the SCV then they couldn't find anything.

I cleaned the EGR etc not happened since.

Problem with Vauxhall is if there is no fault code's they don't know what to do, your far better using an school mechanic who doesn't rely on a computer to them whats wrong.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Nerrybug (17:th-Feb-2024, 04:02:00), TrealdUnrem (7:th-Apr-2024, 14:24:49), Mike Johnson (8:th-Apr-2024, 01:55:36)