Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to dab add navi950

add DAB to navi950
morning

could someone please confirm if you need a different DAB unit to go with the navi950 unit , I have the ubt unit fitted but I see if im correct it needs a U4D unit that I can see from parts catalogue

any help appreciated

thanks
John
As I understand it both will work but the UBT only works for 'DAB' while the U4D works for 'DAB+', and you want the latter.
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
thanks for that, have ordered one so will see
can you just swap a UBT unit to a U4D unit without a recode?
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
When I converted mine to Navi 950 the DAB module came with the dash loom so I just fitted that one. But the actual module is externally identical, not sure about what goes on inside the box lol
(21:st-Jul-2017, 20:29:00)niteram Wrote: can you just swap a UBT unit to a U4D unit without a recode?

No, it'll require a VCI. But I believe they'll be handed out for free, or 35 at most.
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
thanks , I have tried to program my head unit but it comes up mismatch or something the like, does that mean I need a vci to be applied for?
Yes, request a VCI for the radio A11.
Then in the browser window just select the DAB retrofit.
cheers thanks, on a different tack ....do you know if the early dvd800 units can be updated to the ltest maps as I see up to 2010 is one set of maps then after 2011 they are diffrent
Yes, I have a disc for it. Cost me about 100€ iirc, from a Dutch seller. The MY2011 version is a little cheaper, but mine's a 2009 so I needed that one.
https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/computers-e...e=lr&pos=1
Confused.com I’ve just bought a 15 plate Sri with a navi 950 unit it’s got nav & phone connection but no dab radio so what do I need to do ?
Cheers
Rik
(3:rd-Nov-2018, 19:57:55)Rikfields1971 Wrote: Confused.com I’ve just bought a 15 plate Sri with a navi 950 unit it’s got nav & phone connection but no dab radio so what do I need to do ?
Cheers
Rik

You need a U4D DAB+ module, the radio needs to be programmed so it knows it has DAB also.

Check in your footwell for the DAB wiring, being a Navi you should have the bit fitted to the window for DAB aerial to go to. Depends what you have GTC & Estate are in the side window 5-door its on the rear window.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers for that, also my Bluetooth of my iPhone works GR8 (Spotify and virgin radio) but if I plug ? my charger in it doesn’t work ? Again why ..? Cheers
(27:th-Jan-2019, 14:19:45)New boy with a vaux Wrote: Cheers for that, also my Bluetooth of my iPhone works GR8 (Spotify and virgin radio) but if I plug ? my charger in it doesn’t work ? Again why ..? Cheers

My USB socket wouldn't charge my Iphone but it charges my samsung.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hi do we know the right part number for the dab module for the navi 950 headunit
Please
(16:th-Apr-2019, 21:15:35)New boy with a vaux Wrote: Hi do we know the right part number for the dab module for the navi 950 headunit
Please

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers I’ve now bought a new module and need the head unit navi 950 re programming Vauxhall’s are looking for £110 because it needs linking up to their server do we know any other companies?
@Rusty2009 amongst a couple of others on here can do it, that price isnt terrible for a dealer but am sure he can do it for cheaper
I can't see a Vauxhall dealer doing it for £110 it costs £84 in programming costs alone then there is the VCI fee on-top of that which is £95 (£179) + their labour on top.

I charge £110 via the post and not only do you get DAB you get Rear camera enabled also, and if the Navi needs the USB update I do that at the same time saving you another £42 in programming cost.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorted can u send me your details
(31:st-May-2019, 07:23:02)New boy with a vaux Wrote: Sorted can u send me your details

PM sent
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi I’ve not received your pm can u send it again
Cheers
(31:st-May-2019, 20:54:34)Rikfields1971 Wrote: Hi I’ve not received your pm can u send it again
Cheers

I've not sent you a PM I sent new boy with vaux one.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Navi950 help please Jpbroad1970 6 5,482 24:th-May-2017, 10:37:23
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Navi950 mic radio connection Jpbroad1970 0 3,219 21:st-May-2017, 19:43:43
Last Post: Jpbroad1970

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Adi (30:th-Nov-2023, 18:36:55), milozic (7:th-Sep-2023, 21:00:31)