Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
diameter of discs front

Diameter of front discs
Hello

Euro car parts are doing up to 55% off today, so I'm after buying front and back discs and pads. I can get the lot for £156.46!

Problem is I'm unsure of the diameter of the front disc. Euro car parts say that there's 2 types 300mm and 321mm I've just measured mine and they're 280mm!

Cars a 1.6t 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad. Had another measure they're 300mm front

300mm front and 292mm rear if your car has 5x115 pcd wheels. 276mm front and 268mm rear if your car has 5x105 pcd wheels. VXR has 355mm front and 314mm rear discs.
Cheers mate. Thats what I ended up ordering 300mm front 292 rear.

Any idea what the labour would be to get them replaced?

I would have thought about an hours labour at the most at a garage, so whatever your local charges per hour. Put it this way, it was just over an hours labour for our garage to remove both gtc front struts and change springs and then refit them. This included removing the discs and calipers first, so removing caliper and changing just the discs would be even quicker.
Well they're all fitted now. £40 plus vat an hour, took 2 hours. Saved about £8 in the end with buying my own parts at a discount. Ha.

I bought Pagid discs and pads for the front and Eicher discs and pads for the back which where a lot cheaper than the Pagids

What brand do Vauxhall use? Are the pagids any good?

(19:th-May-2017, 10:22:49)dutton84 Wrote: What brand do Vauxhall use? Are the pagids any good?

Delphi among others, IIRC.

Pagid is a reputable brand.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head restraints on front seats horizontal adjustment imendes 1 3,430 28:th-Apr-2017, 19:23:16
Last Post: bhalay207
  Facelift front grille hostilehaggis 2 3,446 28:th-Sep-2016, 22:46:07
Last Post: hostilehaggis
  Front Seats Dannydyer 2 3,379 20:th-Feb-2016, 21:31:09
Last Post: Dannydyer
  People with front and rear sensors Kris 14 8,586 28:th-Jan-2016, 23:06:27
Last Post: Rusty2009